Descripción del trabajo
What Joining the Microsoft CE&S as Support Engineering Manager Means:Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.What drives us? Customer obsession.Working as One Microsoft to provide a seamless customer support experience across all products provided through the best of technology and people focused on customer delight.Microsoft Customer Service & Support helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.As a Support Engineering Manager, you will focus on building and leading a high performing team of engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring our teams provide a positive support experience, which includes being responsive to our customers and effectively partnering with stakeholders on the most critical problems for Microsoft’s customers. You will represent Microsoft to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. The Impact You’ll Be Making as a Support Engineering Manager:
- Nurture the Microsoft culture in the team, fulfilling the Model, Coach and Care expectations
- Commit to Performance Management & Recognition Program.
- Provide guidance and coaching to team for addressing highly complex, strategic financial and executive level cases, including customer and field escalations
- Position and support your team to succeed by maintaining focus on the fundamentals and assuring team members are ready to deliver success (professional skills, required training, cultural initiatives, industry certifications and standards)
- Attract, Develop, and Retain Talent
- Deliver Results Through Teamwork
Communicate EffectivelyAccountableResourcefulEmpathetic Role Model Microsoft Values
- Establish connections across CSS and externally (to Engineering and Microsoft Services) to influence and improve team effectiveness.
- Contribute to and help drive Product, Technology, Service, Solution and Process improvement.
- Contribute to the success / implementation of CSS and CSS Division led programs, initiatives, communications at the team level.
The Worldwide Data & AI Supportability Org is a diverse team of passionate people, across geographies with varying technical and managerial experiences. The Data and AI portfolio includes Data, Analytics, and BI tools that empower our customers and partners to realize greater business value & ROI. The wide range of Products/Services include: All Azure Data Products, Power BI, SQL Server, Cognitive, AI & IoT services.The leader for Data & AI supportability is hiring for a Supportability Manager, who will be leading a team of Supportability program managers, Beta engineers and Embedded Escalation Engineers (EEEs) with years of deep technical expertise, based around the world. This role is about managing deep and meaningful relationship with product groups and Enterprise Support Engineering Teams to drive Product Quality Improvements, Supportability investments driving enhancements for Microsoft Customers and the Delivery/Operations team. The key focus areas including incident reduction efforts, enabling assets for customers enhancing the support portals, knowledge & content management initiatives for Support Engineers across regions.ResponsibilitiesSupportability:
- Proactively drive support experience improvement with relevant engineering leadership stakeholders, including influencing product improvements on basis of customer feedback gathered from support channels.
- Lead your team to provide feedback based on case analysis to the engineering product team that feeds into reactive (e.g. bug fixes) as well as proactive/predictive (e.g. auto-healing) product development work to drive reduction in support volumes
- Construct an evidence based business case for significant engineering changes required
- Direct proactive and predictive measures (auto-healing, deflection, self-service automation), as well as reactive measures (bug fixes)
Beta/Release and Readiness:
- Engage early in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for new products, new feature releases and build knowledge for delivery on upcoming releases. Contribute valuable experience and IP to new service owners on how to design for supportability from day one.
- Drive your team to deliver release roadmaps and build comprehensive views of engineering release pipeline through engagement with the engineering product team. Ensure your beta team works closely with the Deployment services, Learning and Development teams to enable New Release Support Readiness.
Embedded Escalation Engineering:
- Use your experience to manage a team of highly skilled escalation engineers who are embedded with the product engineering teams. These are the key technical resources for the product, often possessing a stronger end-to-end view of the product than the engineering team. Create good processes and touchpoints to make sure the insights from these key resources are positioned with the product improvements for maximum effectiveness.
- Manage escalation engineers and coach them through leadership skills and the opportunities to exert their best-in-class technical skills and experiences to direct the long-term trajectory of the product itself and the service delivery teams who support it.
- Strong global communication skills, and skills in building organizational partnerships - across a complex stakeholder network in CSS, Engineering and Marketing teams. Ability to navigate and influence in a matrixed organization.
- Technical fluency/acumen in cloud technologies, Data & AI products and services or related
- Demonstrated experience/ability in leading both direct and virtual teams with a broad array of skills to ensure best-in-class customer outcomes.
- Create clarity for teams, translating complex ideas and issues into clear and consumable strategy for technical products.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams through to success - drafting right strategy, working as necessary with employees at different levels, investing effort in building right stakeholder partnerships, etc.
- Brings passion and energy to create a vibrant culture of diversity and inclusion within their organization.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or experience commensurate with job expectations for this leadership position is required.
This role is open to candidates in any EMEA Country Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form. Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.