Descripción del trabajo
As a Low-Code Developer at Rarely Decaf, you'll play a pivotal role in transforming clients' business requirements into tailored web applications using state-of-the-art no-code and low-code development platforms.
You'll work closely with our founder ( Hi! You can learn more about me here), Product Manager, clients, UX/UI designer, and fellow developers to manage the process of turning businesses processes into bespoke web applications, making a tangible impact on our clients’ businesses.
As one of Rarely Decaf's pioneering Low-Code Developers, you'll contribute to shaping our development processes and culture, enjoying the autonomy to chart your own career trajectory within our growing company. Possible future directions include exploring opportunities such as Technical Lead or Technical Product Manager.
We understand that our tech stack represents a new approach to development. Nonetheless, we expect all great candidates to have explored these tools, showcasing initiative, curiosity, and resourcefulness. Recognizing that great candidates might have limited experience with these tools, we offer a paid, part-time "apprenticeship" experience for this role that lasts 4 to 6 weeks, focusing on learning these platforms. The expectation is that you learn while working on client projects. We've found experienced full-stack developers typically need only 4 to 6 weeks of part-time commitment to use Xano and WeWeb proficiently.
As a Low-Code Developer at Rarely Decaf, your primary role will be to collaborate with our Product Team, which includes Product Managers, Senior Developers, and UX/UI Designers, to transform business requirements into visually appealing, highly functional, and easily scalable web applications using state-of-the-art no-code and low-code tools.
In your day-to-day work, you will use tools like Whimsical, Figma, Xano, WeWeb, and ClickUp to manage sprints, development tasks, communication, and product requirements.
We welcome applicants from the Americas, Europe, and Africa to reflect our dedication to a diverse and geographically dispersed team while still having at least a few hours of overlap when needed.
Other skills and attributes
- At least 2 years as a full-stack developer or graduate of a full-stack development program
- Minimum 2 years of experience at small software startups
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Concise, and professional written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Compensation: $4,500 USD to $7,000 USD per month depending on your fit and experience.
- In general, the most important factors influencing compensation are demonstrating clear thinking, great communication, attention to detail, and the ability to learn on your own.
- Utilizing Deel for payroll allows us adaptability in selecting the employment structure that best suits you in your country.
- Embrace a flexible, 35-hour work week that emphasizes a healthy work-life balance.
- Enjoy 36 days of paid vacation, accumulating 3 days per month. Please note that this would include whatever local holidays you might take.
- Experience an asynchronous-first, calm, and deep work environment that draws inspiration from successful remote companies like Doist, Buffer, and GitLab. You can read more about the async-first philosophy here.
- Benefit from a learning and productivity stipend to make your work and personal life easier. For example, we’ll pay for AI tools like ChatGPT.
- Seize opportunities for professional growth and development in a role where you could advance as the strategic lead of client projects.
Why you might be a good fit:
- You're excited about using visual development platforms to build software quickly.
- You thrive in a flexible, asynchronous-first environment.
- You're curious, comfortable asking clarifying questions, and enjoy learning new things.
- You value organized communication.
- You're a self-starter and can work autonomously.
- You're interested in shaping the culture of a growing company.
Why you might not be a good fit:
- You prefer synchronous/in-person communication over written/asynchronous methods
- You've never written code or worked as a web developer
- You want to focus solely on writing code in your next role
- You dislike writing, diagramming, and white-boarding tasks
- You struggle with decision-making without guidance
- You prefer well-established processes and large, structured organizations
Application ProcessWe understand that no candidate is perfect and that people can bring valuable skills, qualities, and perspectives even if they don't meet every single requirement listed.
If you're passionate about the role and believe you can make a positive contribution to Rarely Decaf, we encourage you to apply.
We have a 4-step application process.
Step 1: Submit an initial application
Complete the online application form, providing your personal information, location, resume, written submission, video submission, and any optional additional information you'd like to share with us. Step 2: Interview
If your initial application meets our criteria, we'll invite you to a video interview focused on getting a better idea of your communication skills, development experience, and culture fit.
Step 3: Trial period
Candidates may be offered a 1-month part-time trial period to further evaluate their performance within the team, adapt to our work environment, and ensure there is a strong mutual fit.
For applicants that don’t have experience working with WeWeb and Xano, this will be a paid apprenticeship.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/rarely-decaf-low-code-developer-client-solutions