Descripción del trabajo
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our Operations team. You will be responsible for the 24/7 operation and customer databases. This role will play a key part in the deployment process and transition from non-production into live environments.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related product rates and maintains all databases required for development, testing and production usage.
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Perform application tuning and performance monitoring
- Plan and implement backup and recovery policies of the Oracle database.
- Controls migration of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Patch Management and Version Control
- Implement and enforce security for all Oracle Databases.
- Perform database re-organization as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Troubleshoot problems regarding the databases and applications.
- Provide technical support to the application development teams.
- Assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required
- Analysis of performance problems in database-intensive transactions
- Excellent understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities, and tool
- Good knowledge of the physical database design
- Proven experience as an Oracle Database Administrator supporting versions 9i to 19c
- Install, upgrade, maintain Oracle Clusterware 11g/12c/19c & ASM volume manager
- Experience of the following Oracle database features: RMAN, Partitioning, Diagnostics Pack, Data Guard with Fast-Failover, Clusterware, Goldengate, OEM, as well as database installation, upgrading and patching
- Strong database and PL /SQL tuning and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- Experienced in Shell scripting Linux
- Experienced in working closely with developers to monitor code that affects databases/servers.
- Good communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.