Descripción del trabajo
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
- At VMware Professional Services Worldwide Center of Engineering we develop integrations of both VMware products and 3rd party products to provide complete solutions and brings additional capabilities to existing products and services. Our solutions often become the backbone of global enterprise private and public clouds. We are builders of the future.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
- We hire people from various development backgrounds: Java, .NET, Python, NodeJS. It is not the language but the seniority what matters to us.
- You will act as a consultant to the customer by understanding and fulfilling their requirements, while communicating clearly (in English) with architects, developers, DevOps, quality engineers project managers, and technical writers. Your solutions should be following best practices, be well tested and documented.
- You are expected to be among the strongest voices on technical topics on pre-sales calls and technical discussions with the customer. You will have the opportunity to create and present low level-designs that might involve event-driven architectures; message brokers; micro and nano-services. Being the leading example in your team, your role will also involve as well taking part in technical interviews and mentoring senior developers.
- Your work will have a wide and lasting impact in the company.
What Other Skills Give Me an Advantage?
- Understanding of virtual IT production data center
- Mutable/Immutable Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Understanding in VMware products such as vSphere, NSX-T
- Business-level English is a must. second language (German, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, French, Spanish, Italian) is a plus.
- TypeScript/NodeJS backend experience
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
- We have teams that work for EMEA, Americas, and Asia Pacific/Japan. Each geography is having an engineering manager with over 10 years of experience on average in leadership. Prior to joining CoE our managers have worked in other R&D units of VMware or as leaders of world class IT companies.
- Each team is of 10 developers having a team lead reporting to a manager. Our management values honesty, creativity, and persistence.
Some Open Source Works
- https://github.com/sapcc/networking-nsx-t - the Python project
- https://github.com/sapcc/nsx-t-exporter - the Go project
VMware Products References
- https://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere.html - vSphere
- https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/index.html - NSX-T
- https://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-automation.html - vRealize Automation
- https://www.vmware.com/products/cloud-director.html - VMware Cloud Director
What are the benefits and perks of working for VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting https://benefits.vmware.com/bg.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance - based bonuses and increases
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.