Descripción del trabajo
Exciting opportunity for a Staff Software Engineer in our Blockchain Engineering team. You will be working with a team of engineers dedicated to making the VMware Blockchain Platform the dominant Enterprise Blockchain solution. At VMware, we are building an Enterprise Blockchain with innovation, enterprise-grade capability, and solutions that will power blockchain in every market sector.
You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware’s Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware’s EPIC2 values. Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
- Contribute to implementation of an enterprise blockchain solution. This includes but is not limited to work on the Byzantine Fault Tolerant State Machine Replication layer, work on the execution engine and smart contract layer and work on the ledger layer.
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers and researchers to solve complex problems
- Collaboration with cross functional teams involved in the product delivery
- Working with global team in different geographical locations
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies.
- Deep understanding of distributed computing concepts in practice
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
- Strong development experience in C++( v11 and higher) in Linux
- Expertise in one of the following: distributed systems, security/cryptography
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands.
- Experience with leading the everyday activities of a global engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes.
Who you are:
- Self Starter – Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills with a “Team First” mentality.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
- “Growth” mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 12+ years experience in an equivalent role
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
This position is eligible for JoinBlockchain referral campaign