Descripción del trabajo
The Spring Engineering team is behind the most popular application development framework for enterprise Java. Used by millions of developers in every industry vertical, Spring represents an important piece of the Java ecosystem. This distributed team consists of over 70 engineers in over 14 different countries around the globe. Passionate about our code and our users, the Spring team is made up of industry-recognized experts in many enterprise software domains. As a part of the Tanzu portfolio within VMware, the Spring Engineering team enables users to be productive by creating business value with Tanzu and other related tools.
- You have a passion for application security and simplifying how developers build secure applications. You would enjoy contributing to open source software and fostering community growth. Above all, you love learning new things and shipping software as a member of a distributed collaborative team.
- The Spring Security team is involved with all security related projects within the Spring portfolio. The projects include Spring Security (which now includes Spring Security OAuth), Spring Security Kerberos, Spring Security SAML, Spring Security LDAP and Spring Session. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Java engineer who can contribute to these projects.
- Our team is distributed across the globe and we work with a flexible schedule. With the various timezones we work across, there is always someone there to lend a helping hand.
We know from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply regardless of your self-assessment because we want to hear from you.
- Proficient with Java
- Understanding of concepts involved in Application Security such as OAuth, LDAP, SAML
- Familiarity with Spring Security and other Spring projects
- Comfortable with Git and GitHub workflows
Nice to haves:
- Public speaking experience
- Experience contributing to open source projects