Descripción del trabajo
Would you like to be part of our new adventure in Malaga? Vodafone Group is launching its new technological HUB, an international center of excellence dedicated to research and development of technical solutions, such as Secure Networks, 5G and 6G development, Open RAN, IoT, MPN & MEC and UCC for Vodafone Business, platforms and enterprise solutions.Come and join us to create the future together!
The role is to work as a software developer in the Unified Communications and Connectivity Practice’s Software Engineering team. This will involve working in a team of developers to build the next generation platform to allow our customers to consume next generation unified communications and connectivity products in a cloud native manner. The role will involve understanding and implementing APIs and creating software to build cloud native applications.
The role of Software Developer Back-end has the following responsibilities:
- Take a shift-left approach to development, ensuring that testing and security are at the heart of the software created, using techniques such as TDD and BDD.
- Work in a team to produce emergent design for a microservices based architecture
- Work with Vodafone architects on new designs, providing input into the best way to solve problems with software development
- Bring your ideas into to the Platform team management on how best to enhance our software engineering capability. Keep up to date on current thinking, and design patterns in software development to ensure that software produced remains fresh
- Work in a DevOps team to develop new software for the UC Platform based on the Product Owner’s backlog to offer our customers a cloud native experience in consuming our services.
- Research open-source projects that Vodafone could leverage to create new services or enhance our software architecture.
- Ensure that software produced has excellent unit testing coverage to ensure that changes can be made safely.
- Create software to solve Vodafone business problems in Unified Communications Connectivity Platform
What you bring:
- A good understanding of micro-services architectures and micro-service design patterns (SAGA, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Domain Driven Design), functions as a service (AWS Lambda), infrastructure as a service (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of object oriented development and skill in an appropriate language. Languages we use: Scala, Java, Python
- Sound knowledge of software design patterns and SOLID principles. We may expand the languages we use as the microservices we develop require, so a willingness to adapt to new frameworks is also desirable.
- An understanding of Infrastructure as Code and tools such as Terraform.
- The team will be managing work through the Scrum or Kanban framework, so good knowledge of this and how to work within it is essential.
- A demonstrated ability to create software to solve business problems
- Unit testing frameworks usage
- BDD domain specific languages and constructs (e.g., Cucumber Gherkin)
Please, apply with an English version of your CV.
Why Vodafone?At Vodafone we are concerned about being a company committed to diversity as an engine of change. We are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religious or political beliefs.