Description de l'emploi
Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~70 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We care about performance, maintainability, and testability of our code. Writing unit/integration tests is embedded into our engineering culture. We test more complex features end-to-end via Cypress. We also house lists of manual test steps to follow for testing critical features like calling and composing emails. Our focus is on testing actual user behavior, leveraging the Testing Library approach.
Our product development process is inspired by Shape Up. We sweat the UI/UX details and work collaboratively with the Product team throughout the design process. We think about testing in the technical specification phase and we continuously spend time assuring we’re shipping a high-quality product.
We open source our code and ideas on our GitHub and on The Making of Close, our behind-the-scenes Product & Engineering blog. Check out our projects like TaskTiger and use-infinite-scroll or insights from our day-to-day work such as Rendering untrusted HTML email, safely, How We Improved Reliability Of Our WebSocket Connections, and A Case Study in"Reactizing" a Complex Backbone View.
We're looking for an experienced full-time individual to join us as the 1st QA Engineer on our team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and real world user behavior and wants to help test, QA, and launch major user-facing features. You'd enjoy an opportunity to lead the way on the QA front and help us establish best practices for testing/QA and help us improve the quality of our product.
You should have at least 4 years of experience with testing/QA of user-facing behavior. You have a brain for breaking things. You are detail-oriented and thorough when writing down test plans and when opening high-quality bug reports. You deeply care about the quality of a product and have a solid understanding of modern test automation frameworks like Cypress or Playwright.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively, and collaborate with a fully distributed team.You are located in a non-west coast American, European or African time zone.
We are open to hiring mid, senior, and staff level QA Engineers for this role.
About the job
- You’ll be reporting to our Sr. Frontend Engineering Manager and you’ll be working closely with the Frontend, Backend, Product Management, and Design teams.
- Help us improve the quality of what we’re shipping, reducing amount of bugs/regressions.
- Help us test features as they are being built/reviewed, and keep an eye on recently shipped code for potential issues.
- Primarily you'll focus on testing/QA of user-facing behavior and creating high quality issues (bug reports) based on testing our in-product UI across web, desktop, and mobile.
- Additionally you'll test against our API and consider ways our customers may hit issues in their integrations or with Zapier.
- Help us improve how we’re doing automated testing (unit, E2E, etc.).
- Help Dev teams find ways to improve their testing strategies.
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience testing GraphQL and Websockets endpoints
- Worked with B2B SaaS products
- Experience with sales or sales tools
Come help us with projects like...
- Modern Rich Text Editor with collaboration features
- Workflow Automation
- Web-based calling
- Responsive mobile web & native mobile app
Why work with us?
- Culture video
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative ️
- Our story and team
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS -- Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How we work together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - in the last few years, we've launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful. Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/close-senior-qa-engineer-100-remote-1