If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
- You will be taking your first steps into the software development cycle, using Java, and we will provide mentoring and training to help you become an even better engineer!
What will your job look like?
- Using Java, you will implement and contribute to very challenging engineering tasks by learning and applying recent programming technologies.
- You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation, provide comments and suggestions and work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- You will have the opportunity to innovate and continuously improve the efficiency of all assigned tasks.
- You will be working in our R&D team and so will have the opportunity to develop our new and existing products.
- You will receive the on-the job training as we already have an experienced team of developers in Sofia, waiting to share their knowledge with you.
- You will design and develop REST/Json over HTTP APIs based on Web services external API
All you need is...
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related IT course - we are flexible and will consider candidates who are currently studying (in their final years)
- You will be fluent in English as you will be working in international environment.
- Would be great to see some experience (up to around 1 year) with core Java or a proven Java-based curriculum.
- Any experience with Back-end services development and integration would be an added advantage and is not needed at this stage.
- You will have the willingness to learn new technologies.
- You will be a motivated and self-starter.
It will be fantastic if:
- You will have experience/understanding of how to work with various DBs (Oracle/MySql/Postgres)
- You will have had exposure and/or understanding of version control tools, such as SVN, Git or Perforce
- You will have knowledge in Object Oriented Programing
- You will have knowledge/interest in Web services development (SOAP & REST)
- Ideally - you will have knowledge or experience with Spring, Apache CXF, Maven, Java J2EE - this is not a must, but the more you know already, the better
Why you will love this job:
Prospective candidates should explore https://www.amdocs.com/optima
- Working in Optima team will allow you to:
- Work on a brand-new product;
- Work in TDD/BDD methodologies;
- Work in DevOps environment;
- Work with global team in multi-cultural environment;
- Receive a broad view of product creation, from requirements to delivery to customer through design, implementation, integration and testing.
- Not to mention our games room for ping-pong fans (not only) and our delicious, company sponsored breakfasts and variety of events you will be invited to participate in.
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce