AtScale is the industry leader in data federation and cloud transformation, enabling enterprises to create a single view of their data, no matter where it is stored – data warehouses, data lakes, data marts or emerging cloud data platforms. Enterprises leverage AtScale to facilitate seamless and non-disruptive implementations for business intelligence, A.I. and Machine Learning applications in multi-cloud and multi-platform deployments globally. AtScale is relied upon globally by firms including JPMorgan Chase, Toyota, Wells Fargo and many more.
We chose Sofia for our first office outside the USA and now we are looking for startup-friendly, mid- or senior- level Python Engineers to join our Backend Developer and DevOps teams and work with the latest data platform tech.
- Be a strong advocate for software engineering best practices, taking pleasure from clean code, have a fondness for TDD, and be a fan of pair programming
- Have strong design skills, be capable of conducting design reviews and be familiar with Cloud Patterns and the Microservices architectural style
- Be able to support software builds and contribute to keeping systems up and running by getting involved in deployment, monitoring and logging
- Be resourceful, and capable of going and figuring out a complex problem which may sometimes only be loosely defined
- Be an expert in communicating effectively and translating requirements into well-designed technical solutions
- Be able to learn new technologies rapidly, and be able to share that learning with others
- Be a strong team player who is able to collaborate across teams and departments
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficiency developing in at least one of the following languages (4+ years): Python or Go
- Experience with REST / JSON based API services
- Comfortable working in Infrastructure as Code driven environment
- Good understanding of relevant networking technologies and distributed systems
- Kubernetes and Docker for containerization, scheduling and running services
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Full business proficiency in English
Preference will be given to candidates with
- Strong experience in one of the following cloud platforms: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Linux/UNIX system internals and networking
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Ansible or Puppet, Jenkins
- Experience with RDBMS and BigData platforms like PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle; Hadoop BigData ecosystem (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR), Cloud DWH (Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Teradata).
- Experience delivering SaaS and/or PaaS
- Steady contributions to one or more open source projects
Join a team of passionate people committed to redefining the way business intelligence is done.