Cities:Boston, Hartford, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
Area of expertise:Software Engineering
The Microsoft Azure Developer will play a key role in developing and implementation of different technology landscapes and applications. The Developer will partner with business stakeholders, technology leadership and development teams to drive the development of end-to-end solutions. Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze the viability of technical solutions to meet product timelines, budget, and quality.
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical designs and, if required, propose different options that meet requirements
- Work with data architecture, security architecture, infrastructure SMEs and project teams to ensure all aspects of the application architecture are defined in conjunction with Avanade standards, policies, priorities and standard methodologies.
- Lead and play a vital role in the application portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, and opportunities to improve efficiencies.
- 2 to 5 years experience designing and implementing solutions that use a cloud-based architecture in public cloud platforms.
- Very good understanding and technical exposure to Azure Cloud technologies and concepts.
- Strong familiarity with cloud security, infrastructure, scalability, operations, etc.
- Hands-on expertise crafting and developing cloud native applications and migrating existing applications to the commercial cloud (preferably Azure).
- Experience with a fully automated CI/CD pipeline (preferably Azure Pipeline).
- In-depth knowledge of containerization and container management with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Up-to-date knowledge of standard methodologies (12-factor app) and industry-standard design patterns for loosely coupled applications.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing micro-service applications using Spring Boot Framework.
- High proficiency in at least one of the top tier technologies (e.g. Java, .NET, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for hands-on work (if needed) to support PoCs and guide development teams.
- Application stack – app services, API services, micro services, event based and message-based frameworks.
- Data management using technologies like data bricks, data factory, etc.
- Familiarly with storage mechanisms (ADLS, blob, SQL, No-SQL)
- Familiar with Infrastructure concerns like scalability, high availability, gateways, load balancers, traffic manager, replication techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of authorization, authentication, on-premise AD integration, and synchronization with Azure AD.
- Understanding of standard methodologies around caching, encryption, hashing on applications and data.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing micro-service-based applications using .NET Core and/or Node.js, cloud native applications, and moving to commercial cloud (such as Azure).
- Familiarity with web services: REST, SOAP (nice to have)
- Familiarity with other tools including Git on Azure DevOps
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this ‘Future Opportunity’ position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we’ve been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees – wherever they’re working – for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms – the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more – we’ve been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.