eFront (a part of BlackRock) is looking for an experienced CloudOps Engineer, who will be responsible for developing and executing deployment packages for deploying, automating, monitoring and supporting high-availability systems and applications in AWS and Azure environments. You will be part of our team, which will provide 24X7 support for mission critical applications and systems hosted by eFront for our customers. You will participate in the continuous improvement of our production and staging/QA environments.
What you will be doing:
- Develop scripts and utilize industry standard tools for Windows system automation for creation and update of virtual machines using Powershell, terraform or similar technologies
- Perform hands-on server infrastructure support in large enterprise environment
- Architecting systems with automation for security, scalability, reliability, and performance, requiring minimal work direction
- System administration, server patching, supporting upgrades and resolution of production problems in a timely manner
- Act as a liaison in meetings with development groups, bringing an operational perspective to the SDLC and identifying operations deliverable, dates and architecture changes as needed.
- Collaborate with developers, vendors and other groups within eFront (BlackRock) to implement new cloud based services.
- Interact with internal customers supporting external customers to provide world-class production support
Your skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining system automation environments
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server administration in co-located facilities, managed virtual, and/or in public and private clouds
- Participate in our 24X7 on-call rotation – Ability to work after office hours as the need arises for support and deployments
- Ability to demonstrate skills and knowledge in industry-standard tools for system management and monitoring
- Unwavering operational focus to provide excellent service to our 'customers'.
- Highly motivated teammate who contributes to the operational maturity of the team
- Creative problem solving skills that require minimum supervision.
- Documentation skills that use tools like Visio, Sharepoint, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Knowledge of eFront solutions is a plus
- Great interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Master’s or Bachelors Degree (Information Technology or related field) preferred
- Deployment Exposure with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Windows Powershell or SCCM
- Development and system administration tools as Wireshark, Fiddler, IIS FRT, Sysinternals, SQL Tracing, powershell, terraform, etc.
- To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.