Company DescriptionBosch Engineering Center Cluj was founded as an integral part of the Bosch worldwide engineering network in 2013. The Center is located partly in the heart of Cluj-Napoca and partly in Jucu. Our engineers give great importance to continuous innovation and they work on state-of-the-art technology projects. Automated Driving, Electric and Connected Mobility, Internet of Things, Industry 4.0. are just a few examples from the Bosch Engineering Center Cluj’s current portfolio. We work in close collaboration with other Bosch R&D Centers and with Bosch Plant Cluj. We specialize in software engineering, hardware and mechanical engineering, reliability engineering & quality validation, but also in mobility sales planning, thus, we offer our internal and external clients a complex range of products and services.Job DescriptionDepending on your preference, you are welcomed to:
- Be a part of one of our Connected Mobility Solutions in order to design, implement, deploy and maintain cloud-based software solutions in the areas of eMobility, Telematics and Autonomous Driving, using the latest cloud computing technologies.
- Be a part of one of our Big Data teams in order to architect, design and implement back-end and front-end software solutions for systems that are handling Big Data in the context of various domains from Driver Assistance to Product Engineering.
All teams are fully responsible for the development and operations of large-scale computing solutions, living the DevOps and Agile mindset.Depending on your knowledge, you will be asked to:
- Develop cloud-based software for large-scale customer applications and platforms, working close with the stakeholders to implement the best technical solutions that have the greatest customer impact.
- Be able to own additionally one of the roles the team has: Scrum Master, Security Responsible, Infrastructure Responsible, Open Source Responsible or Architecture Responsible.
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, system engineers and business stakeholders, to develop new concepts and to ensure that the data infrastructure meets the constantly evolving requirements.
- Develop software solutions for intelligent data processing, understanding data through ontologies and machine learning.
- Design, build, deploy and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application.
- Take active part in planning, testing and releasing the software artifacts.
- At least 2 years of hands-on software development experience with Java/.NET/Python or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of object oriented programming and functional programming principles.
- Knowledge of testing principles and experience with testing tools like Junit, Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter or similar.
- Working experience with Web Services and REST APIs.
- Working experience with SQL and noSQL databases.
- Experience with Java 8, Spring Framework and Hibernate.
- Exposure to frontend development frameworks (Angular, React.js).
- Experience in Private Cloud Platforms and Public Clouds (AWS, Azure, CloudFoundry).
- Experience in designing and implementing highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal and vertical scalability.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment and DevOps concepts.
Considered a plus:
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Working experience with micro-services.
- Working knowledge with some of the indexing technologies: Solr, Elasticsearch, or other scalable Lucene or other text search engines.
- Experience with code quality tools like SonarQube or similar.
- Experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop ecosystem) and RDMBS (e.g. Oracle DB).
- Experience with other programming environments (e.g. Scala, Kafka, Spark, Linux shell scripting).
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Passionate about software, data and technology with an engineering mindset, able to learn new technologies, software frameworks or programming languages fast, in collaboration with a global network of experts.
- Good communication skills, a real team player, with initiative and perseverance.
- Self-organized and able to estimate, prioritize and schedule own tasks.
- Strong focus on quality.
- Enjoy working hard and having fun at work.
Additional Information#LikeABosch Benefits:
- 25 days of annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us;
- Flexible working hours, but if you want to work 5 days per month from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that;
- Lunch discounts and daily subsidies at our canteen/restaurant;
- Private medical insurance, because your health is a priority to us;
- Flexible benefits - On top of your salary, we offer you a monthly budget via your benefit account, which can be used for several different services;
- Annual performance bonus;
- Internal development Trainings - we have local development programs for Project Managers, Line Managers and Experts;
- Inspiring working conditions.