Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide. DataArt specialists help develop and support its services. We have helped the company to create web-portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage and much more.
Modern IT-systems have allowed the company to increase the amount of its customers to over half a million. Retail provides a yearly profit of around £1 billion. But our client is determined to earn even more by reselling the technological tools that have led them to their success.
Based on the new IT-infrastructure and the experience of its modifications, the company is working on developing a cross functional system that will be able to fit the interests of other companies that are interested in acquiring such systems. DataArt provides consultation and development of the software for the client in both areas of their activities: online sales and creation of the cross functional retail platform.
As a Data Platform Engineer, you will be part of a team that researches, designs and maintains an automated cloud computing service model (DBaaS) on clients Infrastructure platform.
The candidate will be working primarily with Cassandra databases running on both private and public cloud infrastructures. We want you to possess a passion for automation.
- Developing and supporting services that provide the deployment and management of relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Providing tools for monitoring, managing, alerting, and improving customer database performance
- Developing and implementing automated processes that ensure the uninterrupted updating and correction of database vulnerabilities
- Publishing documentation that enables a smooth transition of database services from the build and development phase to production support
- Providing consultations, training, and mentoring for the development team
- Active participation in upgrading systems
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Support for production systems, prepared for regular on-call duty
- 3+ years of experience deploying and managing any NoSQL database
- Familiarity with containers and container orchestration systems such as Docker
- Knowledge of UNIX
- A desire to work with open source technologies
- Comfortable to adapt to change and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Good English communication skills (spoken and written)
Would be a plus
- Solid knowledge and skills in programming (Python, Golang or similar)
- Experience with databases (Cassandra)
- Experience managing any SQL databases
- Experience with K8s container orchestration systems
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Experience in/understanding of supporting a 24x7 operation
- Experience of development using Scrum or other Agile methodologies
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment