DataRobot is looking for talented engineers focused on secure cloud based systems, with a strong background in Linux, programming, and distributed computing to help deliver the most advanced machine learning capabilities into the most challenging customer environments.
We at DataRobot accelerate the process of building, deploying, and managing predictive models to get the most out of valuable data. We work hard to create tools that novice data scientists can use effectively while also exposing the rich detail and control that data science veterans rely on. Our headquarters is in Boston and we have offices across the world.
As a Platform Security Engineer you will:
- Build and enhance the frameworks and tools we use to build, test, configure, and ship DataRobot services to our cloud environments and our on-premise customers
- Improve and integrate core systems and services, including logging, monitoring, security, and administration
- Partner with operations and engineering teams to implement and tune cloud-native security monitoring, tooling and reporting
- Reduce cloud and infrastructure vulnerabilities across all DataRobot cloud assets
- Participate in secure architecture reviews covering legacy and new technologies
- Perform regular risk assessments across cloud systems
- Be a change agent by recommending best practices for all DataRobot cloud systems
- Manage individual projects and milestones with abundant communication of progress
- Seek, give, and receive constructive feedback to teammates through code and specification reviews
- 2+ years working with containerization technology (Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud infrastructure providers
- Experience with infrastructure and operations techniques to ensure systems are in compliance with FedRamp, PCI, HIPAA, SOC 2 or FISMA.
- 2+ years building and maintaining production environments and services
- 2+ years developing applications, automation, or tools, preferably in Python
- Linux experience: troubleshooting, scripting, familiarity with multiple distributions
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of security principles (confidentiality, integrity, availability)
- Desire to learn whatever it takes to drive a project to completion
- Experience delivering software to both SaaS and on-premise environments
- Experience with DevSecOps & integrating security into pipelines.
- Knowledge of SANS/CWE Top 25, OWASP Top 10 Proactive Controls and Application Security principals.
- Configuration management tools, like Ansible or Puppet
- Server provisioning systems, e.g., Terraform
- Experience developing automation for CI/CD
- Expertise in Linux packaging and build tool
DataRobot is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. DataRobot is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.