Our mission: Provide a product-level smart, scalable, and reliable test automation platform to support running tens of millions of tests every day as part of the Engineering Productivity group on the Test Automation Platform squad.
Our core beliefs:
- Systems that empower humans - to achieve Engineering Excellence by enabling developers with smart ecosystems and the right UX tooling to complement high testing standards and self-testing engineering culture.
- Quality assistance - Developers own the quality of their code, which includes implementing test coverage. Testing isn’t a separate practice; it is intimately part of software development. We make it quick and painless for developers to have confidence in their changes through automated testing pipelines and an ecosystem embedded into developers’ workflow.
- Enablers for developers - The TestAuto Platform squad does not write anyone’s automated tests but their own. We enable developers to test their code and understand how their code and tests evolve. We provide the infrastructure, automation, data science, and recommendations that developers can use to write, run, and troubleshoot their tests as they run hundreds of times a day on a rapidly changing codebase.
- Speed and quality - provide an exceptional testing experience for developers that allows them to move fast without breaking things. We are responsible for ensuring that out of the eighty hours of automated tests available, we run them quickly and choose the right tests using coverage graphs and machine learning to give developers confidence that code ships unbroken.
For this role, you will build a product for our internal developers across the full stack (front-end, back-end, data science) and across all engineering teams. The key to success is building relationships with our customers–your fellow developers–to ensure you understand the challenges they face in writing and running their own automated tests efficiently.
Example initiatives you will support / lead:
- Build a Test Control System that uses data science to manage the test life cycle and quarantine problematic tests dynamically.
- Fast Time to Red. A system that provides developers with information about failed tests on PR as soon as possible to boost the development lifecycle.
- Code Coverage at Scale. Provide cohesive code coverage when running over 100,000 tests across nearly 100 servers per run.
- Work with fellow developers to promote best practices for testing, help socialize, and adopt them. Build an ecosystem to drive the right shape for the test pyramid for faster and more reliable testing.
We value people who are passionate about testing, eager, and willing to tackle any problem no matter how hard it may seem, are excited to work at a nearly unprecedented scale, and thrive on working closely and collaboratively with developers.
- Developing software with Python (3-5+ years)
- Experience designing CI/CD pipelines (using Jenkins, for example) and test automation from scratch (1+ year)
- Experience working with large scale test automation
- Passionate about developing products for your fellow internal developers.
- Skills in performance optimization and profiling
- Testing frameworks such as py.test
- ETL and database performance tuning
- Frontend development in component frameworks like Vue and React
- Bash scripting on Linux / Mac
DataRobot is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. DataRobot is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.