As the Java Developer you will be responsible or the following:
- To maintain and improve the quality of the software and the documentation delivered by the team
- To contribute to and/or lead software analysis, design and specification tasks for specific modules/functions.
- Interact and contribute to agile planning and design sessions.
- Initiate agile process improvements
- Maintain code to company standards
- Work as part of Code Peer Review community to improve the quality of software development
- To support the development team on new and existing systems as required.
- Creation of documentation detailing technical work required for requested development, maintenance and support tasks to company standards
- To support and coach a small team of developers.
- To support the technical direction of a professional and cohesive multi-disciplinary team that are technically astute and experienced
The Java Developer will have the following attributes:
- Experience using Java8+
- Strong experience with Spring / Spring Boot
- High degree of experience with Microservices and implementing RESTful API's
- Involved with the whole development lifecycle
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience of Test Driven Development and unit testing tools