Please complete your application before 4th December 2020. We encourage you to apply as early as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis.To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- 1. In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume
- 2. In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
We offer a range of internships across EMEA in either Software Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering. Durations and start dates will vary according to project and location. Our recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume.Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Vienna, Austria; Brussels, Belgium; Prague, Czechia; Aarhus, Denmark; Málaga, Spain; Helsinki, Finland; Paris, France; Athens, Greece; Zagreb, Croatia; Budapest, Hungary; Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy; Vilnius, Lithuania; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Oslo, Norway; Warsaw, Poland; Lisbon, Portugal; Bucharest, Romania; Stockholm, SwedenMinimum qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Coding experience in one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Demonstrated background in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments, as well as APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
About the job
Software Engineering Intern:Google's Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. We need our engineers to be versatile and enthusiastic in tackling new problems as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of a versatile team, you will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.Site Reliability Intern:As a Site Reliability Engineering Intern, you will work on software development projects to keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running. Our engineers create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it working and to harden it against all the vagaries of the internet. We drive reliability and performance across a massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack.Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in one of the specific country locations identified for this role for the duration of the internship program. We will discuss and agree with you what country this will be during the recruitment process.Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects using natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to data and information.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.