Leading asset management company currently looking to recruit a CMDB Data and Reporting Analyst Your new company Leading Asset Management company Your new role A Data and Reporting Analyst is required who will be accountable to provide the program the data it needs to plan activities and provide progress reporting showing the status of all activities that relate to remediation in then environment including patching, site server and data centralisation, legacy application and server retirement, Windows 7 retirement etc To achieve this, the following will also be required:
- Prepare and maintain a configuration management plan
- Build a logical Data Model of the Service Asset and Configuration Management Process
- Assign owners to each CI
- Identify sources of CI information (Service Now Autodiscover, supplier CMDB's and invoices etc.)
- Map relationships between CI's, using Service Now Service Watch or similar tool.
- The collation and understanding of all be-spoke repositories of inventory or other data such as business data on site servers, business applications and business functional use, key IT data assets, apps the infra mappings, apps to DB to infra mappings, sites, users and every CI component.
- The collation and understanding of siloed operational data and reporting around common functions such as patching and back-ups.
- Understand the design of the CMDB and any other data stores that hold real-time and near real-time operational data about the environment.
- The development and execution of the data integration and migration plan to build the target set data environment.
- The on-going maintenance processes (design and implementation) for any data element including updates via discovery tools, change/SR/incident processes, project processes.
- The design and implementation of meaningful on-going operational reporting out of this data set (Utilising Service Now CMDB, Autodiscover, config and asset management modules). Some examples include:
- Patching status and exception reports for devices behind patching cycles.
- Site level reporting of IT assets including business data, applications and functions.
- Back-up status.
- Design and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures across people and tools interacting with CMDB and associated ITSM processes
What you'll need to succeed
- Knowledge of Data warehousing and reporting via Power BI desirable.
- Service Now skills desirable
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and maintaining IT CI data in a large complex enterprise environment.
- Must be used to working within an out-sourced multi Supplier environment.
- Familiar with understanding business services, IT services, IT data and being able to determine the importance of the data as it related to the IT server and downstream business service.
- Familiar with data design, data migration and data maintenance within a ITIL framework. Ideally ITIL v4 certified
- Able to understand dependent CI/data element so to be able to develop meaningful reporting that provides an out-comes based view, no just elements of this.
- Understand the infrastructure dependencies with application including structured and unstructured data, AD, OS, Azure/cloud etc.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience for at least 5 years. What you'll get in return A long term contract, paying up to $730 per day plus superannuation. What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. SA Licence number : LHS 297508