Our client is a leading global Financial Markets data provider that runs a number of change programs to deliver high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in real-time, high frequency, and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in an environment that is very engaging.
This is to develop a new innovation FX trading system with using emerging technology like cloud and AI…etc The key characteristics of this system will be high quality, high reliability and latency sensitive. This project will be a future platform for trading community.
- Leading a team (20%) from delivery perspectives
- Hands-on task (80%): coding, code reviews, etc.
- Leading the technical delivery of the squad roadmap including performing PoC /design notes.
- Involvement in the improvement cycle via retrospectives organized by the scrum master.
- Develop high-quality software, design, and functional documentation
- Provide technical leadership to the team
- Provide estimates for specific software feature implementation
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Build unit tests for your code
- Develop and maintain tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code that follows open sourcing standards
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Communicate with distributed senior development team daily basis
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies and standards
- Assist front-line support teams in resolving customer and production issues.
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer - Strong
- Experience leading a development team
- Java core (8/11) - Strong
- Spring, Hibernate, IBM MQ - Strong
- DB (Oracle) - Medium
- Any enterprise messaging - Medium
- GIT - Strong
- Scripting languages: Bash
- Understanding of distributed computing, data partitioning, sharding
- AWS or Azure
Nice to have
- Basic financial understanding of FX, FX Options and Commodities. Basic financial understanding of SWIFT message formats
- Familiarity with banking, financial concepts, financial data and market data
- Apache Struts 1.2.9, GWT 2.2 (Google Web Toolkit), Smart GWT, Java Servlets 2.4, Oracle 19.6 thin - Oracle Advanced Queue, Java JMS, Spring Boot 2.3 and Spring 5.2, Active MQ
- Fix message Processing, FpML, XML, XSD and Xpath translating
- Eclipse, GIT, Jenkins, Oracle SQL Developer, Apache
- Very good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Experience working in R&D / Agile environments and with distributed teams
- Upper intermediate and above English
- Ability and will to make decisions and prove and defend them
- Ability to document and communicate concepts at multiple levels
- Good analytical skills and readiness to perform alternatives analysis and to find the best possible option
- Quick learner, willingness to learn new technologies and to do research on your own
- Experience of working in multicultural environment
- Team player - ability to work in distributed teams, contribute to collaborative team success, treat team / product success as personal goal
- Result-oriented mindset
- Experience working in multicultural environment
- Able to work independently with defined problems on a senior level in certain areas of technical or business expertise
- English: B2 Upper Intermediate