We are looking for a strong Java Developer to join us for a project in the fashion retailing industry. A successful candidate will contribute to developing various store operations microservices that will be utilized by the fashion company’s internal employees.
Microservices are created using modern approaches and technologies such as Spring Boot 2, CI/CD, test automation, centralized logging, tracing, and monitoring. We cover full product SDLC, from design to development to maintenance, and use approaches such as Ralph Kimball’s dimensional modeling for our solution designs.
It’s a high visibility role in an agile team — therefore, communication, polite English, presentation skills, and experience working in the distributed multinational environment are absolutely required.
- Design and implement software components according to business/functional requirements
- Create unit tests
- Support the integration testing of developed services
- Analyze existing system source code and propose improvements when necessary
- Work in a multinational distributed agile team with peers located in different cities in Poland and Spain
- Solid experience in core Java
- Knowledge of Java 8 new features
- Experience with J2EE, Spring framework, JDBC
- Excellent SQL knowledge (Oracle/MySQL/DB2)
- Strong OOP skills
- Ability to propose design and implement changes in complex systems
- Experience working in Scrum
- Pro-active position, ability to facilitate a discussion, or involve a colleague in a task-related collaboration
- Advanced English
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Polite, client-appropriate language
Nice to have
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with BDD and Cucumber framework
- JPA/Hibernate experience