Our client (major German in-car navigation systems manufacturer) develops a new navigation digital maps conversion & preprocessing system together with Luxoft in order to:
- optimize route calculation on in-car computer considering memory & computational limitations
- prepare maps for fast 2D and 3D rendering
- compress digital maps to minimize their size
- provide dynamic loading of map portions (regions) as required to minimize memory footprint.
This system is a Java application which heavily relies on open source libraries (GIS-specific like OpenGIS, GeoTools and general ones i.e. Java3D, Java ImageIO, Apache Commons etc.)
- Development, documentation and maintenance of software for the navigational/map conversion framework with specialization in digital map / GIS processing.
- Development of the new features, change requests and bug fixes for the existing software
- Be involved in unit testing, functional testing and code review. Define, execute and document software module tests and integration tests.
- Review software requirements, architecture and design documents prepared by other software engineers
- Act according to the requirements of the automotive industry and of Harman/Becker regarding in-car applications and software development processes.
Nice to have