As part of our strategic partnership with one of the biggest financial institutions in the World, we are hiring various IT specialists, who will become part of their new IT Service Center. The bank is an international organization dedicated to providing financing, advice, and research to developing nations to aid their economic advancement. The bank predominantly acts as an organization that attempts to fight poverty by offering developmental assistance to middle- and low-income countries. Our client is a provider of financial and technical assistance to individual countries around the globe. The bank considers itself a unique financial institution that sets up partnerships to reduce poverty and support economic development.
The bank has embarked on a project to modernize its existing Financial Risk database. Currently the database is hosted on a SQL server and as part of this project, this database will be completely rearchitected and move to Azure cloud platform. This Risk database (RDB) receives feeds both on a monthly and daily basis. These feeds are used to generate the financial statements for the bank. These feeds undergo transformation and data integrity validation before they are accepted in the system for processing. This risk RDB servers both IBRD and IDA. The output of these feeds are the dashboards and reports that need to be generated, for the senior management of the bank.
The position requires a quality-focused and detail-oriented hands on cloud architect (Azure) with a demonstrated track record of providing solutions for high-priority business goals and strategic management decisions. The incumbent should be a skilled troubleshooter and problem solver with the ability to architect a cloud solution, front to back, taking into consideration various aspects of the solution including redundancy, storage, costs, cloud migration, mobility, security of the application and business needs. The incumbent must be conversant with all stages of SDLC and be able to deliver results within tight timelines.
- The candidate is expected to understand the existing system in detail and work on cloud ready platform (preferably Azure).
- The candidate should have very good knowledge of Azure cloud, to help the client leverage cloud-based architectures that will enable it to consolidate discrete data solutions into a secure cloud landscape that provides scalability, resiliency, and best-in-class data science toolkits/ services.
- The candidate will be well versed to identify the various technology components (front to back) needed to deliver a robust, secure, scalable and high availability solution.
- Candidate should help establish a data and reporting strategy that utilizes industry set of practices, tools and frameworks to consistently and efficiently deliver information to our clients, through this custom built application
- The candidate will work closely with the business counterparts and IT teams, across geo-locations (more specifically Chennai and HQ) and to create the IT and functional architecture.
- The candidate will also identify the current pain points that need to be addressed as part of the new architecture and provide solutions for the same.
- The candidate will also be involved in working closely with the various IT teams, including client's enterprise architecture team, Office of Information Security, Performance monitoring team to ensure that the architected solution meets the needs of all the stakeholders, from a functionality perspective and IT perspective.
- Implement various architecture blueprints and work with the development team to deliver the vision.
- Develop, Migration, Integration and configuring an Azure infrastructure
- Determining workloads requirements for Azure cloud
- Running workloads securely on Azure
- Implementing Azure authentication and securing data on the cloud
- Designing a business continuity strategy
- Interface with the business client to understand business needs and requirements, and to help develop and maintain the client relationship on a need basis.
- Interface with the various IT teams to ensure that the application meets all the requirements of the bank and stakeholders from multiple perspectives, including (but not limited to) Security, Redundancy, Storage, Performance, Mobile Readiness, Reporting etc.
- Build stakeholder consensus and ensure everyone is on the same page, in agreement, and can visualize the solution being proposed
- Develop business cases, requirements, enterprise architecture blue print, detailed blue print and be the principle evangelize for the bespoke solution.
- The candidate should be able to identity various solutions for a problem and provide the recommendation for a solution, based on identifiable and measurable factors.
- Craft business cases to evaluate the feasibility of various technology options.
- Identify business and functional requirements by working with application end-users, and lead the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of those requirements
- Maintain a comprehensive chronological trail of solution footprint and agreements and actively contribute to the technology stream of the project change control process.
- Document and manage issues and actions
- Provide overall support to ensure the successful Analysis, Design, Development and Deployment of a cloud solution. Also, provide support in developing training materials and conducting training from a technology platform perspective to various stakeholders.
- Document and manage issues and actions for the various IT components in the solution
- Prepare and make presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio to project stakeholders and management
- Participate in the evaluation of new products or initiatives to determine the technology support required
- Evaluate applications and IT environments, and analyze gaps between current and desired states
- Propose recommendations based on industry best practices
- Provide estimates of level of work effort and time for completion
- Provide fully documented work, instruction, and training to peers, as required
- Interact with the Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Platform teams to ensure that solutions are built in adherence with the defined enterprise standards in collaboration with the IT team.
General Skills/ Abilities
- Preferably a Microsoft Certified Cloud Engineer
- Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions based on industry best practices
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud architecture including Kubernetes, Security and encryption protocols
- Good knowledge of at least one operating system viz Linux, Unix or Windows.
- Good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS.
- Good understanding/ knowledge of any Computer programming language
- Good understanding of key security concepts for applications on the cloud
- Good knowledge of Agile, DevOps delivery methodologies.
- Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills
- Ability to critically analyze requirements and ensure completeness from a quality requirement perspective.
- Ability to identify data needs, quality rules and lineage.
- Should have a positive attitude and Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well with all stakeholders at all levels, technical as well as non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work directly with clients and management without supervision and to facilitate and navigate discussions with stakeholders to ensure clarity, prioritization, and consensus
- Leadership skills and ability to work well with diverse team members, often in multiple locations
- Ability to work with different points-of-view and lead the team to convergence, while always keeping the project objectives in sight
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent personal organization skills and ability to take things to closure without follow-ups
Nice to have
- Experience with any Azure PaaS solutions will be concidered as great advantage
- Experience with Azure DATA Platforms will give a significant advantage