We're looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our small yet highly-capable group of engineers and provide support for all our games across the organization. You will work directly with the Technical Art Director and Senior Engineers to develop technology that positively impacts all Game Teams' capability to deliver new and exciting experiences to our players.
Experimenting with the cutting edge tech brings you joy? This is your time to shine!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Contribute to solutions to the hardest technical problems encountered across the company
- Develop tools to support both Software Developers and Creative disciplines such as Animation
- Use cutting-edge technology to unlock games that were not possible before
- Act as an Owner for parts of the codebase used by all our games
- Proactively identify production bottlenecks and help to formulate solutions
- Offer a fresh perspective and question why things are done a certain way
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Good understanding of software design principles, object-oriented programming, patterns, algorithms and data structures
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Capacity to dream big and execute with pragmatism
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical peers
- A genuine passion for games and creating technology that empowers others
- Fast learner
- Team player
- Familiarity with Unity and C#
- Familiarity with the mathematics behind 3D graphics
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
Being fiercely independent and profitable enables us to take excellent care of the people we hire, including:
- Competitive compensation, perks, and benefits: unlimited vacation days, best-in-class learning and development opportunities, premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, Nordeus provided breakfast, lunch, snacks, and beverages
- State-of-the-art workspace
- High level of creative freedom: You won't waste time on endless meetings getting several levels of approvals
- Chance to work with a team of experienced engineers: we've got over 170 employees from 22 countries
- Access to the latest tools and technology as well as a chance to work with a world-class development team
- Be part of making Belgrade a leading tech and business hub of Southeastern Europe: We are working closely with the community to develop the gaming ecosystem and empower talent
- Belgrade is awesome. Considered a 2018 must-see city by the New York Times, Belgrade satisfies everyone: nightlife and unique music venues; design-centric neighborhoods and galleries; live sports; international cuisine; you name it. Life in Belgrade is also particularly good for families, with excellent international schools and nurseries options.
Want to learn more? Check out our Life at Nordeus page!