Nutanix is looking for an IT Operations Engineer to be part of the Corporate IT team. You will work in an exciting and extremely fast/paced environment. You should have strong written and verbal communication, solid hardware/software troubleshooting skills for common desktop/laptop issues, IT infrastructure, and a customer focused mentality. Our overall goal is to provide a world class customer support experience that is hyper focused on efficiency.
- Build, configure, support and troubleshooting hardware and software issues on laptops and desktops
- Interact with customers at all levels of the company
- Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to respond positively in stressful situations
- Reimage laptops/desktops, backup user’s data, migrate users and reconfigure users’ custom settings
- Laptop imaging systems L2 operations and management
- Maintain and update inventory in asset tracking system
- Assets procurement and vendor management
- Provide end-user training as needed
- Deploy and maintain Nutanix Office network infrastructure including routers, switches and wireless access points.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues on local office equipment (laptops, AV devices, printers, etc.) to pinpoint the source of the problem.
- Work with the IT planning team to create rack elevation diagrams, port counts and built of material for new offices.
- Work with the rest of the Network and IT team to bring up new offices and integrate them into existing networks.
- Nutanix offices IT systems documentation
- 3+ years of experience providing hardware and software support for desktop/laptop on MAC/Windows OS and supporting office IT infrastructure
- Solid experience with MAC OS 10.12 and 10.13
- Solid experience with Windows 7 and 10 (Lenovo experience is a plus)
- Solid understanding of Active Directory principles
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Intune
- Solid understanding of Apple MDM
- Solid understanding of networking
- Solid understanding of AV and VoIP systems
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages
- 2+ years focused software support, especially Microsoft 365, OKTA, Slack, ServiceNow, WebEx and VPN clients on MAC/PC
- Experience with inventory tracking and maintaining the integrity of the collected asset information
- Strong written and oral communication, and excellent customer service skills
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification is a plus
- Microsoft/Apple/A+ certifications are a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed
- A can-do attitude with a dependable work ethic
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time within EMEA region, sometimes with minimal notice (travel schedule will be based on need of offices)
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.