Apply OnlineJob Description - Senior Java Developer for DSM Alpha team (Odesa) (200013YJ)Senior Java Developer for DSM Alpha team (Odesa)-200013YJ Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English Preferred Qualifications
Oracle Utilities mission is to help utilities build a clean energy future. Care to join us?
At Oracle’s Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU), we’re applying cutting edge computer science to one of humanity’s greatest challenges: Energy. We also consider ourselves a startup within Oracle. A startup that’s focused on the utility industry. Our utility customers in the U.S. and abroad give us energy usage data for tens of millions of their customers, which we then analyze and aggregate using the latest software technology to motivate consumers to use less energy. We use the right tools for each element of our broad solution set so our engineers get exposure to everything including Java, NodeJS, Spring Framework, GraphQL and MySQL. If you are a top notch engineer looking for a fast paced, high growth place to work while being surrounded by highly skilled, driven peers then Oracle’s UGBU is the place for you.
About the Outbound Home Energy Reports (HER) Team
The Outbound HER Product team is an agile scrum team is responsible for developing the most popular product called Home Energy Reports. Now, we work on the product’s refresh which includes visual and technology stack upgrade. We deliver deep, personalized energy insights to end users and help utilities build a clean energy future.
- You’ve got 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- You are an expert. All our Senior Engineers, including the managers, are experts in multiple technologies.
- You want to own it. You embrace the challenges inherent in being fully responsible for an important part of UGBU’s business, from supporting your applications in production to continuously monitoring and evolving it, based on performance metrics.
- You live the process. You know that you can’t be successful without bringing order to chaos. Scrum, issue tracking, source code management, continuous integration are all second nature to you. And, you know that too much can be worse than too little.
- You’re agile (and not just in the buzzword sense). You know how to succeed in a fast paced, ever changing environment and wouldn’t have it any other way.
- You love be responsible for a critical portion of the codebase, from design through support.
What we’re searching for:
- BS/MS degree in computer science or other related technical field
- Experienced in building scalable backend APIs for end-users delivered in a scalable architecture.
- Expert and deep knowledge of Java as a first-class language.
- Experience in NodeJS is a plus.
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills including sufficient level of English.
- Document what you do, from design docs through user documentation.
- Write unit & integration tests as part of your coding process.