We are looking for a Lead Java Developer to join the Kyiv office on a full-time basis.
Playtika Holding Corp. is a leading mobile gaming company and monetization platform with over 35 million monthly active users across a portfolio of games titles. Founded in 2010, Playtika was among the first to offer free-to-play social games on social networks and, shortly after, on mobile platforms. Headquartered in Herzliya, Israel, and guided by a mission to entertain the world through infinite ways to play, Playtika has over 3,700 employees in 19 offices worldwide including Tel-Aviv, London, Berlin, Vienna, Helsinki, Montreal, Chicago, Las Vegas, Santa Monica, Newport Beach, Sydney, Kyiv, Bucharest, Minsk, Dnipro, and Vinnytsia. INFRA is a department that develops core services that can be used in any company game. There are 21 teams in INFRA that manage nearly 100 microservices including Payment System, Back Office System, Users Segmentation, Coupons service, Tournaments Service, User Service, Bonus Service, Messaging Service, etc. All teams work by adopted SCRUM methodology with local Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
Our technology stack is pretty wide, in our recent projects we mainly used Java, Groovy, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Netflix stack (Eureka, Hystrix, Archaius, Zuul), Aerospike, Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, MemSQL, Neo4J, Redis, and other tools and frameworks that helped us to build fast, reliable, multi-threaded, highly scalable, service-oriented web services.
- Deep knowledge (Java Core, multithreading);
- Strong awareness of current web development standards and frameworks (e.g. Spring Framework);
- Experience with messaging systems (JMS, xMQ, Kafka);
- A mastery of object-oriented design, design patterns, and software design best practices;
- Familiarity with agile and XP practices;
- Desire to write tests;
- Experience leading the design, development, delivery, and support of technically complex software products;
- Proficiency at understanding an existing codebase, learning from it, and documenting/explaining when needed;
- English — intermediate+.
Nice to have:
- NoSQL database experience (we use Aerospike, Redis);
- Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching;
- Experience with Groovy and other dynamic languages (Groovy, Python, Ruby, Clojure);
- Experience using test-driven development;
- Expertise in building highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed services is an advantage.
We offer all our employees:
- Competitive salary, performance-based bonuses, and flexible working hours;
- Training programs, certifications, conferences including international events;
- Social package, including gym membership compensation, medical insurance;
- Paid vacation and sick leaves;
- Corporate English classes;
- Referral program;
- Corporate celebrations, team buildings, and fun activities;
- Free meals twice a day, refreshments, happy hours;
- Technical library with option to order books;
- Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
- Comfortable office;
- Working for one of the top social gaming companies in the world;
- Cute and funny corporate events — some of them definitely unforgettable.