We are looking for a passionate hands-off software development manager that can oversee our development operations in our Lviv office. Our Lviv office is responsible for our Live Ops platform and produces high quality, and engaging, events to our users.
Reporting into the Technical Director of our London office, your teams will be responsible for building and maintaining our Live Ops platform, and the events which run on it. However as we look to expand our operations in Lviv, more functions will fall under your remit as the company grows.
Your role is to help grow the software development team, and to drive engineering excellence through sound DevOps principles, using agile and lean methodologies. This is a role that will suit an empathetic technology leader, who can focus on driving a candid feedback culture, mentor and coach engineers and have a focus on great people and cross-team practices.
The main tech stack is currently web based against a Ruby on Rails backend running on physical machines. We will be moving to cloud based microservices and refreshing our technologies over the next years with a move to a mixed technology stack to be defined. Our development support runs on Jenkins for CI, Applivery, Artifactory, Git for source control, and Jira/Atlassian for project management.
- Experience working closely with Product Owners, Quality Assurance, Platform teams, Server teams and other leaders to ensure the department is delivering world-class technology.
- Experience advocating and promoting modern, agile software development practices.
- Experience with full stack web environments developed in Ruby on Rails, NodeJS or similar technology stack
- Experience with managing multiple teams, and have successfully solved many of the tough organisational challenges that follow
- Experience of influencing across team & wider teams
- Experience working in high volume releases environments
Nice to Have:
- Experience with development using cloud based technologies (especially GCP)
- Knowledge of game/media creation engines such as PixiJS, Dragonbones, etc
- Foster the development of direct reports by providing coaching & setting short-term, & long-term, stretch goals to ensure employee growth.
- Work with leaders and HR team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent.
- Ability to push standardisation across teams and optimize workflows in collaboration with project management.
- Help develop and evangelise great engineering and organisational practices.
- A platform/service development background as an engineer.
- Knowledge of good engineering practices and code architecture.
- Experience in coaching and growing high-performing engineers.
- Work in the product IT companies
- 20 days of annual leave
- Official employment
- Educational English programs
- Travel to the United Kingdom
- Bonus scheme
- Christmas present
- Events throughout the year
- Modern office in the city center