Help Desk Specialist I
Reporting to the Manager of the Help Desk, the Help Desk Specialist performs problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users at the desktop level; Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems; May prepare help desk incident reports and assist in hardware/software evaluation.
A Day in the Life of the Help Desk Specialist I -About the role:
- Provide first-class customer service help desk support.
- Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OSX 1st line support
- Serve as technical resource / escalation point for all requests / tickets.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- May track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports as requested.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Attend training seminars, conferences, and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future Help Desk issues and technologies
Required Qualifications - About you:
We are looking for candidates who possess the combination of the following achievements, skills and behaviors:
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware.
- Strong knowledge of desktop and server operating systems.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Current Windows and Apple Mac Operating Systems
- Prior application support experience with and knowledge of programming languages.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peer and internal clients.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and focus on assigned projects.
- Knowledge of Conference Room AV equipment is a plus
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field preferred.
- One to two years of work experience in fast paced environment providing IT customer service/support.
- Certifications in various software products considered a plus.
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Customer Centricity
Most work activities are performed in an office or home-office environment and require little to moderate physical exertion. Work activities may require periods of extended hours, critical deadlines and stressful situations. To successfully complete the tasks of this position, individuals must be able to communicate clearly (in writing and orally), comprehend business terminology, interpret numerical data.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.