Reporting to the Manager of Product Development, the Technical Lead is the leader of the team responsible to deploy realtime, highly available micro service application running on Linux public cloud environment.
A Day in the Life of the Technical Lead - About the role:
- Provide leadership and direction but also have the technical capabilities to be able to provide hands-on contributions to the team
- Work closely with engineering, cloud infrastructure and support teams to help automate and streamline our operations and processes
- Create DevOps pipelines to deploy/maintain cloud-based applications which will run 24x7 with strict uptime and performance SLAs
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, operation and performance benchmarking
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with our dev, test and production environments
- Demonstrate an ability to plan and lead as well as think on your feet as necessary
Required Qualifications - About you:
We are looking for candidates who possess the combination of the following achievements, skills and behaviors:
- Experience working with scalable, high performance distributed systems
- Experience with automation using GoCD and/or Jenkins
- Experience with Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Familiarity with common cloud technologies (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure)
- Strong background in Linux
- Knowledge of scripting (bash, ruby, python, etc.)
- Experience with RESTful Web Services
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Java experience highly regarded
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- At least 3 years of working experience in Java
- Prior work experience developing RESTFul Services and familiarity with Behavior driven development
- Interest and ability to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Experience with NoSql database technologies like Cassandra
- Experience with DevOps framework and technologies
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus etc.
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Customer Centricity
Most work activities are performed in an office or home-office environment and require little to moderate physical exertion. Work activities may require periods of extended hours, critical deadlines and stressful situations. To successfully complete the tasks of this position, individuals must be able to communicate clearly (in writing and orally), comprehend business terminology, interpret numerical data.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.