Reporting to the Director, IT, the IT Architect will be responsible for end-to-end technical design of a complete solution to address business needs. The IT Architect will demonstrate the ability to translate the functional view into a technical view and create complex solutions that deliver joint business success.
A Day in the Life of the IT Architect: About the role:
- Plan, conduct, and direct the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. Analyze, design, acquire, and implement projects for LAN and/or WAN systems.
- Participate and Lead IT network infrastructure project design, reviews and ensure network architecture goals and requirements and met. Plan, design, acquire, and implement telecommunications voice/wire systems.
- Lead strategy, best practices and architecture in the design, development and deployment of scalable and secure Infrastructure solutions
- Own the development of business cases for infrastructure, creating a compelling case for change
- Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert on projects, and be accountable for the quality goals of the project
- Design infrastructure technology solutions focused on Linux, Microsoft, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, SAN Storage, Database, Integration and Applications.
- Partner with Platform Architects to define architecture strategy and long-term architectures
- Establishes best practices through collaboration with IT Security and IT Infrastructure Operations.
- Collaborates with IT Security and Client Services toward compliance and auditing.
Required Qualifications - About you:
- We are looking for candidates who possess the rare combination of the following achievements, skills and behaviors:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Possesses a solid understanding of specialization area (such as networking, infrastructure) plus working knowledge of one other related area.
- Experience architecting and developing LAN/WAN or large infrastructure and network solutions for enterprises.
- Experience with networking concepts including: software defined networking, routing, VPNs, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Well versed in cloud architectures, , data center switching technologies, and securing virtual environments (AWS, Azure, F5, KEMP)
- Experience in and understanding of data and information security.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- Gathered industry knowledge and experience in two or more of the following areas: Software Defined Networking (SDN), IT infrastructure and systems security, cloud or network systems management, and business continuity.
- Experience defining and communicating solutions for large, complex, cross-functional initiatives, through their full lifecycle
- Experience building strong relationships with business partners that sponsor initiatives and define goals, value and requirements for their initiatives
- Experience aligning solutions to architecture strategy, and demonstrating that the architecture/technical outcomes were achieved
- Excellent leadership, planning and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks, procedures, and practices
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, prioritize work, and make independent decisions
- Develop architectural standards, blueprints, building blocks and patterns to add to EA repository.
- Certification or demonstrated knowledge of ITIL foundations
- Cisco Certified Design or Network Associate, System and communication planning, design and implementation of Unified Communication and/or Skype for Business.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent industry experience.
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
This is a unique opportunity to join the market leading company that has not only has 30+ years of proven success but also has a significantly under penetrated opportunity in a $30B addressable market.
PROS culture and the truly extraordinary people who work here are at the very core of our success. We have a passion for what we do, and we wont stop until weve delivered on our promises. Were committed to the success of our customers. Thats why we think harder and dream bigger so our customers can go even further than they ever imagined possible. Our people make PROS stand out from the rest. if you want to be a part of something truly extraordinary, come help us shape the future of how companies compete and win in their markets.