Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure, the Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is a primary team member who is responsible for the successful deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of systems running within the companys Cloud infrastructure through effective project management. This is a hands-on IT infrastructure position in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
A Day in the Life of the Senior Network Engineer- About the role:
- Lead architecture discussions with the team, other departments, and directly with external customers of the company
- Develop project plans and ensure projects stay on-track to successful milestone completion to meet objectives
- Lead project meetings with team and external teams to ensure milestone deadlines are met
- Review team workload and allocate resources to projects accordingly
- Follow and lead change control by reviewing changes for accuracy and risk analysis
- Handle escalations from within the team and from other departments at the company
- Lead a team of infrastructure engineers on technical architecture and project planning
- Mentor, guide, and cross-train team members
- Work with external vendors on solutions and procurement
- Create and maintain policies, procedures, and technical documentation
- Generate periodic reports of system availability and capacity management to management and external teams
- Create runbooks and documentation for other engineers or support technicians
- Identify and work with other groups to coordinate application interdependencies and resolve issues
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement strategies for growth and scalability
- Provides leadership to identify, manage risks and resolve issues in a team environment
- Work closely with application performance and sizing teams to improve products
- Work independently with little supervision on day to day tasks, receiving general instructions on new assignments
- Commitment to quality customer service
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications - About you:
We are looking for candidates who possess the combination of the following achievements, skills and behaviors:
- 7+ years in an enterprise IT environment with previous leadership or project management experience
- Strong project management experience creating and maintaining project plans
- Experience with several of the following systems:
- Micrsoft Azure Public Cloud
- Micrsoft Windows Server
- PwerShell scripting
- Netwrk firewalls and load balancers
- High-availability and clustering
- Disaster recvery
- Netwrk monitoring solutions
- Develop and follow security best practices in a Cloud environment
- Experience working under the compliance of industry standards, such as SOX, SOC2, and ISO 27001
- Experience with maintaining a Cloud data center infrastructure to meet SLAs
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, crisis management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience / Knowledge in the following is a plus:
- Applicable industry certifications, such as PMP, ITIL, CCNA, RHCE, MCSE
- Vulnerability scanning and security remediation
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Customer Centricity
This is a unique opportunity to join the market leading company that has not only has 30+ years of proven success but also has a significantly under penetrated opportunity in a $30B addressable market.
PROS culture and the truly extraordinary people who work here are at the very core of our success. We have a passion for what we do, and we wont stop until weve delivered on our promises. Were committed to the success of our customers. Thats why we think harder and dream bigger so our customers can go even further than they ever imagined possible.
Our people make PROS stand out from the rest. if you want to be a part of something truly extraordinary, come help us shape the future of how companies compete and win in their markets.
Most work activities are performed in an office or home-office environment and require little to moderate physical exertion. Work activities may require periods of extended hours, critical deadlines and stressful situations. To successfully complete the tasks of this position, individuals must be able to communicate clearly (in writing and orally), comprehend business terminology, interpret numerical data.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.