If you are interested in cloud development, based on cutting-edge technologies like Kubernetes, or you have always wanted to be part of an active open source community, this is the job for you. With us, you will find an inspiring and professional environment for your learning and growth. In your special role as a security expert, you will design, develop and run a Kubernetes cloud service within the context of SAP Global Security requirements and different security compliance programs. We emphasize engineering excellence, foster autonomous teamwork and a trust-based working model. Collaboration with other teams in an international environment will be a regular part of your work.
We are looking for a Developer and security expert who
- is a fast learner
- thinks creatively and has passion for coding
- loves challenges and deep-dives into complex pieces of software and architecture
- is enthusiastic about cloud technologies and has a cloud native mindset
- is serious about good development practices: code reviews and writing tests being second nature
- invests in automation rather than doing tedious repetitive manual tasks
- is eager to pair, teach and learn with top engineers from around the globe
Being our colleague, you will…
- do research and prototyping
- design, develop, test and deliver robust, scalable and understandable software
- leave a mark with your contribution in some of the hottest open-source projects these days
- engage in CNCF/Kubernetes community SIGs and Working Groups
- regularly share your knowledge with colleagues in and around the Cloud Native ecosystem
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University education in computer science, software engineering or similar
- Strong knowledge and experience in at least one of: Go (preferred), C/C++, C# or Java
- Good communication skills in English
- Common understanding about Kubernetes and DevOps practices
- Curiosity and track record for quickly learning new technologies, concepts and tools
You are either familiar with or at least curious about
- Security protocols and standards
- Security compliance
- Threat modeling and implementation of security measures
- Audit-logging, logging, monitoring
- Kubernetes or container orchestration at scale
- Cloud computing, Docker
- Cloud-Native technologies – anything among these
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Open Stack
- Bash, Python or other scripting language
- Experience with Linux
- Computer networking technologies
- Git, Github
Be curious about Gardener and have a look at gardener.cloud, find us in github, join our #gardener Slack channel, follow @GardenerProject in Twitter or just watch some of our Community Meetings in Gardener Project YouTube channel.
If you’d like to become part of our Gardener team, just apply and we will offer you a position according to your current experience and expertise.Students are welcome.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
- SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
- Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.