SAP is a recognized leader in the cloud space with its Business Technology Platform running solutions for the largest companies across all businesses. In SAP, we are strongly committed to and very passionate about the success of our customers and the efficient development and operations of the solutions we provide.
The Cloud Foundry environment enables customers to develop new business applications and business services, supporting multiple runtimes, programming languages, libraries, and services.Application developers can leverage a multitude of buildpacks, including community innovations for Java, Node.js and Python to leverage the technology which suits their scenario and their existing skillset best.
The goal of the project is to maintain and improve the buildpacks for Cloud Foundry Environment (BOSH and K8S-based) and the libraries which integrate them in the BTP ecosystem on different Hyperscaler providers (AWS, Azure and GCP).
As an Expert DevOps Engineer in the Cloud Foundry Buildpacks team you will contribute to the Buildpack topics in Cloud Foundry environment (BOSH and K8S-based) for the Business Technology Platform.
As part of your daily job you will:
- Adopt new versions of Opensource libraries and runtimes in the buildpack delivery
- Ensure quality in buildpack delivery by properly validating your changes
- Consult stakeholders on usage of the buildpacks and the runtimes provides by the buildpacks
- Research options and enable delivery of Cloud Native buildpacks in K8S environment
- Serve as a role model and help more junior colleagues grow to your level
- University degree in computer science or related field
- Unix/ Linux
- Docker or K8S
- Shell scripting
- Practice of modern software engineering including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and releasing
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with application runtimes (e.g. Tomcat, TomEE, Node.js or Python)
- Experience with Web or Java EE application development and troubleshooting
- Experience with cloud environment (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Good knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies
- Experience with continuous delivery systems and automation
We appreciate if you are:
- An effective and efficient problem-solver
- eager to learn and teach others
- resourceful in getting things done
- able to work both independently and in collaboration
- having a lean/agile attitude
- aiming for excellence in everything you do
- caring about your customers and stakeholders
And if you really are, join us and become part of a friendly tribe of experts who get it done, get it right and enjoy pushing forward together!
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
- SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
- Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.