We are seeking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team and work on SolarWinds Backup product.
You are to work in the international team that develops Disaster Recovery services. Solution comprises RESTful microservices written in Python 3. There is a web-based UI, developed in Angular, that allows managing thousands of backed-up devices, adjusting their configuration, displaying recovery statistics in a form of tables and charts.
We deploy our services to Amazon Kubernetes. We widely use other AWS services like KMS, RDS, EC2, etc as well. Several DB engines such as MySQL, SQLite and Amazon Aurora support our storage needs.
As a QA engineer you will participate in all the aspects of the software testing lifecycle: from understanding product requirements to test planning, execution and reporting. You will be highly involved into API testing, working with databases, docker containers, deployments, log analysis. You will have to validate features on the front-end as well.
We are looking for a self-motivated, result-driven individual with good sense of detail, communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Construct and maintain test cases.
- Execute feature, regression, integration, end-to-end tests.
- Find and precisely describe, reproduce and rate bugs.
- Verify and validate bug fixes.
- Communicate status to all the stakeholders. Discuss and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Communicate with other teams and help to integrate all the components into a common solution.
- Maintain test documentation.
- Perform post-release checks.
- Perform root cause analysis on defects in test environment.
- Assist in the design for automation.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Actively participate in the Agile events.
- 2+ years of experience in the software QA.
- Strong knowledge of the QA methodologies and processes.
- Active listening and ability to communicate professionally both verbally and written in English.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, respect priorities.
- Hands-on experience with test management, bug tracking, continuous integration tools.
- Basic knowledge of Unix-like operational systems.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Understanding of the networking terms, concepts, protocols, security.
- Experience in API testing.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting issues and root cause detection.
- Knowledge of the virtualization and Docker.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud environments: AWS, Azure.
- Experience in scripting languages: Python, bash, PowerShell.
- Deep knowledge of Windows: file system, registry, event logs, boot, services, etc.
- Experience in writing auto-tests.
- Hands-on experience with version control systems.
- Experience in front-end testing.
- Experience in Agile methodologies
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.