Our community in Belgrade is on the lookout for a great Principal DevOps Engineer.
Symphony is a technology house headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Belgrade, Sarajevo Novi Sad, Nis, Skopje, Amsterdam, and Berlin. Our clients include two of the "Big Four" tech companies, innovative startups from the Bay Area, and leading enterprises from diverse industries. We are working with alumni from Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Google, Netflix, and other bright minds.
Symphony digital is a partner and preferred vendor of Google Ventures, StartX, and Y Combinator. We like to tackle challenging projects in fields such as biotech, machine learning, IoT, wearables, and augmented reality.
Key skills and position requirements:
- Responsible for analyzing requirements for present and upcoming projects, preparing documents to outline infrastructural proposals and collaborate with Solution Architects, Team Leads and HSEs
- Involvement in technical performance management for DevOps Engineers
- Participation in individual meetings with each project DevOps teams from their hub (discuss concerns, blockers, new ideas, improvements, etc.) and meetings with other Principal DevOps Engineer roles (process review, identifying possible improvements)
- Working with Head of Software Engineering on implementation engineering improvements
- Responsible for identifying gaps and proposing improvements regarding DevOps processes on the hub and company level
- Setting standards for DevOps interviews and involvement in the DevOps recruitment process
- In-depth review of DevOps infrastructure, processes and set up for different projects
- Implement base boilerplate infrastructure templates that could be reused for different projects
- Help maintain Symphony AWS and other clouds accounts
- Participating in the development of DevOps department by proposing educations and certifications for Engineers from their hub
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is a big plus
- Minimum 5 years of working experience as a DevOps Engineer
- 2 years of working experience as DevOps Team Lead or DevOps Manager
Perks and recreation:
We provide a collaborative environment offering support, mentoring, and guidance throughout your career. Symphony Digital takes great pride in our company culture and team spirit and we encourage our employees to grow in both professional and personal aspects.
Some of the things we offer:
- Flexible working hours/remote work
- Additional annual private health insurance
- Personal development budget covering conference fees, courses, etc.
- Healthy freshly cooked lunch, fruit, and refreshments
- Pool, table tennis, table football, gaming consoles
- Swimming pool, sauna, private gym
- Traveling abroad (USA, Australia, China, the Netherlands, Italy, etc.)
- Leisure activities (team building events, BBQs, rafting, etc.)
When choosing new team members, we love to be mutually impressed. If we have impressed you, we challenge you to impress us and we will get back to you soon. Want to find out more before applying? You can always ping us for a warm online chat over a cup of coffee/tea with our Ivan Bačik
No one can whistle a Symphony!