Tacit Knowledge is a team of software engineers, infrastructure engineers, quality assurance engineers, analysts and project managers who build websites and mobile apps for the brands and services you use everyday. We perform these feats of engineering wizardry by assembling a team of brilliant tech professionals.
As a DevOps Engineer at Tacit Knowledge, you will grow your skills in DevOps in an environment that supports iteration, technical breadth and depth and be responsible for the following areas:
- Solutions design and architecture leveraging modern IaaS cloud systems and container technologies;
- Automated infrastructure provisioning;
- Automated systems and applications configuration;
- Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines;
- High-volume client applications support;
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting and diagnosis;
- Communication with clients, project leads and software developers on multiple projects;
- Occasionally provide on-call systems support.
Infrastructure Engineering skills and experience you are expected to bring to Tacit Knowledge will include:
- 4+ years experience in infrastructure configuration and operation;
- Strong understanding of Web technologies;
- Experience in operating relational databases;
- Experience in building and maintaining resilient, highly available solutions at various tiers;
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with both physical and virtual infrastructures such as AWS/GCP/Azure or VMware;
- Hands on experience with distributed versioning systems such as git;
- Proficiency in shell scripting and/or knowledge of scripting languages such as Ruby, Perl, Python;
- Familiarity with capacity planning and hardware specification;
- Familiarity with application compilation and packaging utilities such as make, ant, maven, rake;
- Experience in establishing and maintaining system monitoring and operational procedures for production systems;
- Hands on skills with tools that power Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery;
- Troubleshooting issues at all layers - from networking up to application servers and/or databases;
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with senior management, clients and other consultants;
- Clear written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in developing infrastructures that support enterprise-grade production solutions;
- Experience in managing infrastructure as code;
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef or Ansible;
- Experience with monitoring tools such as NewRelic and Prometheus;
- Experience in a professional consulting environment;
- Familiarity with typical operational processes applied at managed service providers, escalation approaches, and support levels.
Tacit Knowledge offers a highly competitive base salary, paid in US dollars, and benefits, including a progressive bonus plan. Our culture is innately entrepreneurial because we are made up of highly talented people and we thrive in an atmosphere where ideas, actions and initiative are not only welcome, but encouraged and rewarded!
If you believe your skills and experience match our Infrastructure Engineer position and you would like to work for a company that believes software is a craft, apply now.