We are Topflight Apps!, a team of innovative product managers, founders, designers, and developers. Together our mission is to build products that help millions of lives, and we do that by tackling some of the biggest problems in healthcare and fintech. Our company was founded in 2017 in Irvine, California, and each year since, we have roughly doubled, reaching the $4 million revenue mark last year and raising our first seed fund as well.
Due to our expansions, we’re looking for a brilliant Tech Lead (FullStack) to join our family. What’s in it for you:
- 100% remote: this is a work-from-home opportunity.
- Annual re-evaluation of compensation and bonus based on a mix of individual and company financial performance.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Work-life balance: We try to get things done efficiently, then enjoy the rest of our lives, especially on weekends.
- Work closely with Project Managers (PM) and Product Owners (PO) during the discovery phase.
- Provide estimates by coordinating assignment requirements with PM, PO, and internal team.
- Provide a technical support role for the Project Manager, coming up with alternative solutions, workarounds, and shortcuts (if needed) in case plan A doesn't work as anticipated.
- Work closely with Project Managers to check and provide the KPI metrics at the end of each sprint.
- Manage the project's technical scope before, during, and after delivery.
- Enforce the company technologies architecture on the project.
- Review code (code style, name convention, etc.), merge pull requests, commenting on possible bottlenecks introduced by team members.
- Identify possible threats that may jeopardize the launch of the project.
- Work closely with the rest of the technical team during the implementation phase.
- Handle deployment communication with DevOps engineers.
- Participate in client calls with project or account managers - after revising the agenda and outlining technical matters to be discussed over the call (if any).
- Building up and leading a small team of developers with a startup mentality. This includes overseeing the recruitment of new hires and team management for the department.
- Creating application features and interfaces by using programming languages and writing multithreaded codes.
- Documenting software development processes and complying with best practices.
- Keeping up with new technologies and development tools.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, or a related field.
- 5 to 8 years of working experience in Mobile and Web Development.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in MERN Stack development, including React Native.
- 3+ years of previous experience managing or leading a team.
- Good knowledge of Node.js, Nest.js, React, and React Native.
- Good grasp of UI / UX concepts.
- Excellent grasp of data structures and designing and developing ReST APIs.
- Good skills in either RDBMS (e.g., MySQL or PostgreSQL) or NoSQL (MongoDB or equivalent).
- Sound understanding of MVC and design patterns.
- Developing front-end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages and mobile apps.
- Experience in developing responsive web applications.
- Should have experience in using Git & VSCode.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, CI / CD, Gitflow, and shell scripting will be considered positively.
- Good communication skills.
- Sound understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Strong unit and functional testing and debugging skills.
- Deep understanding of algorithm design.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; complexity analysis.
Important to know:
- Understanding or experience with HIPAA, GDPR, and other security compliances.
- Previous experience with Fintech and Healthcare industries.
- Experience with Machine Learning (ML), Artificial intelligence (AI), and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Since we are fully remote and our team is across the globe, you are expected to interact with different teams and need to be flexible with different time zones.
- New Joiners with Topflight Apps go through a 1 Month's Trial at the start of their employment journey, which requires working part-time. This ensures your onboarding goes smoothly and that both parties are aligned on future expectations.
- Prior experience as a Tech Lead is a must.
- The role is not a full-time engagement; the expected work hours would be between 15 and 20 hours per week.
- Candidates based outside of the US won’t be considered.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/topflight-apps-tech-lead-full-stack-development