At Very Good Security (“VGS”) we are on a mission to protect the world’s sensitive data - and we’d love to have you along for this journey. VGS was founded by highly successful repeat entrepreneurs, and is backed by world-class investors like Goldman Sachs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Visa. We are building an amazing global team spread across four cities. As a young and growing company, we are laser-focused on delighting our customers and hiring talented and entrepreneurial-minded individuals.
What you get to do:
- Engage in all phases of the software lifecycle - design, implement, test, deploy, and support services in production.
- Maintain a culture of code quality through rigorous testing, automation, and code reviews.
- Be proactive and innovative - we rely on your feedback to build a world-class product.
- Be a part of a team that believes in the core values of transparency, collaboration, grit, and humility; in going above and beyond what is required in order to do the right thing for our customers and the company; and in having fun while doing all this!
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years of software development experience- ideally in a SaaS/product development company.
- Strong knowledge of Java and experience with Spring boot.
- Experience with Python.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOPS/infrastructure as code, databases, performance optimization, application design, and networking - especially application layer protocols like HTTP, SFTP, SMTP.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (such as CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience with the AWS stack, especially EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, RDS.
- Ability to work independently to deliver well-designed, high-quality code on time.
- Comfortable working in roles that at times may be customer-facing.
- English - upper intermediate / advanced.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with gRPC or similar modern serialization/rpc libraries.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of continuous integration/delivery methods.
- Open source projects on GitHub.
- Experience successfully working with distributed teams across time zones.
- Experience building and debugging distributed systems, and with large scale low latency, high throughput services.
What’s in it for you:
- Silicon Valley Experience;
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of days off+sick leaves;
- Hackers’ days;
- Corporate retreats;
- Paid lunches and parking;
- Covering professional learning: conferences, trainings, and other events;
- Sports activities compensation;
- English Speaking Club with native speakers;
- Medical insurance;
- VGS stock options.