At Very Good Security (“VGS”) we are on a mission to protect the world’s sensitive data - and we’d love to have you along for this journey. VGS was founded by highly successful repeat entrepreneurs and is backed by world-class investors like Goldman Sachs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Visa. We are building an amazing global team spread across four cities. As a young and growing company, we are laser-focused on delighting our customers and hiring talented and entrepreneurial-minded individuals. We’re looking for a Backend Engineer with an equal flair for creative problem solving, new technologies enthusiasm, and desire to contribute to product development.
What you get to do:
- Contribute to core VGS products - help to improve existing products and develop/architecture new ones.
- Support production deployments.
- Participate in CI/CD engineering and processes.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code high quality and shared knowledge.
- Maintain a high culture of code - rigorous testing and automation. Improve test coverage of code that you do not own.
- Be proactive and innovative. We rely on your feedback to build up the product expertise.
What you bring to the role:
- 3+ years of software development experience - ideally in a SaaS/product development company
- Good knowledge of Python/Flask/SqlAlchemy, DBMS(PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge and practical experience with Docker and AWS stack: EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (such as CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.).
- Ability to work independently to deliver well-designed, high-quality code on time.
- English - upper-intermediate/advanced.
Would be a plus:
- Understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of continuous integration/delivery methods.
- Open source projects on GitHub.
What’s in it for you:
- Silicon Valley Experience;
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of days off+sick leaves;
- Hackers’ days;
- Corporate retreats;
- Paid lunches and parking;
- Covering professional learning: conferences, trainings, and other events;
- Sports activities compensation;
- English Speaking Club with native speakers;
- Medical insurance;
- VGS stock options.