Descrizione del lavoro
Allocate Software has been designing innovative products to optimise complex organisations since 1991. We have taken expertise from several industries and applied this to the specific issues and complexity of healthcare. Today we focus on delivering software tools to help healthcare institutions manage their staff safely and efficiently so that they can deliver exceptional care to all their patients. We have customers in 11 countries, with greater than 1 million people deployed using our software in over 800 organisations.
Our R&D function is a global function comprising more than 200 people with development centres across the United Kingdom, Macedonia, Sweden, and Australia. R&D globally represents approx. one third of Allocate’s total headcount and has seen significant investment in recent years. Skopje is one of our primary development centres and a key pillar in our current and future strategy for engineering excellence. It currently houses more than 100 R&D staff members, with continued growth expected in the future.
Role SummaryThe Technical Documentation lead is a ‘hands-on’ member of a multi-disciplinary Release Team responsible for the team of Technical Authors. This key role is accountable for establishing/maintaining project standards, delivering high quality customer-facing product documentation and development as part of a broader team with specific focus on technical leadership, coaching/mentoring, timely delivery, and high levels of documentation quality. As part of both R&D and of the Release, Documentation and Localisation Team, the Technical Documentation Lead is accountable for:
- Documenting functional changes in close collaboration with the Product Owners to high quality committed deliverables.
- Producing user documentation across Allocate products that is consistent, clear, complete, accurate and timely with best practices in mind.
- Making informed decisions and taking ownership of project outcomes.
- Engaging in design and review processes as both an author and reviewer in conjunction with the Documentation Team and across multiple products.
- Performing review to ensure documentation is consistent and follows best practices.
- Assigning Documentation related customer bugs.
- Liaising with Product Managers to constantly improve release notes.
- Ensuring relevant documentation is produced and accessible.
- Ensuring the Documentation Quality Gateway is met before a release goes GA.
- Communicating new product documentation on various platforms and relevant stakeholders.
Teamwork & Collaboration
- Actively engaging in all quarterly release planning and preparation activities with POs.
- Effectively communicating within the Technical Authors and beyond into other teams that could be impacted by development decisions and activities.
- Providing technical leadership, coaching, and mentoring to new TA hires.
- Actively engaging stakeholders (POs, PMs, SMEs) during documentation review processes.
- Aligning with the Release team regarding product milestones and documentation delivery.
- Aligning with the Localisation team regarding content for localisation.
- Communicating with the Academy / Documentation steering group for consistent documentation process across products.
- Actively engage in current documentation methodologies, single-sourcing techniques, review workflows and emerging functionality.
- Establish appropriate documentation standards for adoption within the Documentation team.
- Establish technical hygiene activities including technical debt during product rewrites
- Collaboration – Actively collaborate within own team and beyond if situation requires.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Gathers, verifies, and assesses all appropriate and available information to gain an accurate understanding of situations. Considers a range of possible options, evaluating evidence and seeking advice where appropriate and ultimately making well considered, clear, timely and justifiable decisions (or recommendations)
- Communication – Effective communication skills suitable for liaising with colleagues across R&D and other functions. Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and customers including producing/reviewing technical documentation, preparing, organising, and delivering presentations using appropriate tools and techniques, and taking a leading role in meetings and discussions.
- Planning and Organising – Effective at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Building Relationships – Able to develop effective relationships with Allocate colleagues and customers. Able to respond appropriately to feedback. • Influencing skills – Ability to influence both within the Release team and the wider Allocate organisation.
- Understanding Allocate – Aware of Allocate strategies, policies, and procedures and how the organisation operates.
- Influencing and Impact – Act in a professional manner and exhibit the required behaviour that should provide an example to other employees. Identify goals and objectives and motivate and support others towards delivery. Able to network throughout the wider Allocate business and the user community. Needs to delegate tasks, responsibilities, and authorities effectively.
- Innovation, Flexibility and Adaptability – Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and customer requests. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to changes.
- Leading Change - Positive about change, adapting rapidly to changing circumstances and encouraging flexibility in others. Supportive in implementing key strategic changes within R&D whilst taking an innovative approach to solving problems and considers alternatives.
Skills, Knowledge and ExperienceCandidates should ideally have:
- Experience as a Manager or Lead for at least one year
- Experience as a Technical Author or Content Writer for at least one year
- Degree in Philology, Linguistics or a related field
- Experience in collaborating within a multi-disciplinary Agile Team
- Experience and knowledge of working with help authoring tools (HAT) or computer assisted translation (CAT) tools
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working with the Microsoft technologies