If you’re passionate about innovation and love working in an environment where you can constantly improve and adopt new technologies to drive business results, then Nationwide’s Information Technology team could be the place for you!
Compensation Grade: D4
We are looking for an entry level Engineer, Software Engineer to join our team.
Job Description Summary
JOB SUMMARY: With moderate guidance, modifies applications programs from detailed specifications. Analyzes, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs and interfaces. This level is staffed by individuals who have had sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify them to start in applications programming. Position uses problem-solving skills to determine the programming effects on existing systems. Position is able to identify problems and recommend corresponding solutions.
1. With moderate guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new or modifying existing software applications.
2. Analyzes and validates system requirements and existing business processes and information systems. Assists in the development and implementation of new programs and/or modifications of existing applications.
3. Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements software applications according to standards.
4. Develops specifications and programs technical modules, applications and computer programs.
5. Participates in most aspects of applications programming and development including file design, update, storage and retrieval.
6. Evaluates and provides technical solutions to application development problems.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, mathematics or related field is preferred.
Experience: No experience is required if completed undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, or related degree.
Knowledge: Must have knowledge in computer programming language. Must have an understanding in systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures. Must have general knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
Skills/Competencies: Must have the ability to analyze applications and systems. Must be able to program systems requiring interfaces. Must possess problem-solving skills to determine the programming effects on existing systems. Must have decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the:
Director and HR Officer
JOB CONDITIONS:Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Associates may have on-call responsibility after normal working hours and/or on weekends.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Not Applicable
Safety Sensitive (SS): Not Applicable
Job Evaluation Activity: Evaluated: MDK (12-22-03)