Descrizione del lavoro
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our Innovation Factory promotes and develops digital innovation initiatives across SGS; we deliver solutions to the business at scale and speed. Our mission is to create a better, safer and connected world by supporting, improving or augmenting our physical operations with digital technologies.
Working as part of an innovation team developing digital services, you will utilise modern technology and your programming skills to develop new cloud-based solutions. Partnering with a Product Manager, Data Scientists and Designers, you will contribute to the build and release of new digital services at scale and speed. Your team will follow a user-centric and agile approach to continuously validate assumptions with the user and client.
More specifically, you will:
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth;
- Architect, design, and assist in the development of services to support internal and external clients and stakeholders;
- Collaborate with your squad and the network of developers to develop and deliver digital services with a focus on quick execution, affordability and delivery at scale;
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, development, implementation, test and deployment;
- Rapidly prototype new ideas, concepts, and designs;
- Create modern and responsive layouts from designs and instructions provided by the designer;
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design;
- Self-document development processes, conduct peer reviews, and give actionable feedback;
- Work with the company validation- and agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continuous improvement;
- Actively contribute to the squad rituals such as planning meetings, standups, and retrospects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of the Azure Cloud tech stack;
- Proven experience with at least one server-side programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, .Net. Expert with designing and integrating RESTful APIs;
- Knowledge of various DBMS technology such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, SQLServer. Knowledge of server handling with Apahce, nginx or IIS;
- Preferably knowledge of caching mechanisms like varnish, Memcached, Redis.
This position will be based at our office in Lisbon.