Descrizione del lavoro
VMware is on its journey to the cloud. Our vision is to expand our well-established vCenter Server to the cloud. You will be part of a bright engineering team that is working on cutting-edge cloud services that facilitate the usage of the vCenter features from the cloud.
Success in this role requires very strong technical skills, a broad background and understanding of every layer of the software development and cloud ecosystem and excellent understanding of the cloud and container management stacks.
- Design and develop complex, highly available, distributed, cloud-based solutions, and maintain its high level of quality software
- Take part in the entire product/service life cycle including research, design, application and deployment architecture, development, testing (dev owns quality), continuous deployment and continuous delivery up until to production.
- Monitor resource allocation, consumption, and performance.
- Engage in service software performance analysis and forecasting.
- Graciously help others who look to you for feedback and guidance.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Proven background in fundamentals of computer science and development process.
- Experience in one or more of: Java, C++, Python, Go, C#.
- Experience with web services (rest, soap, Wsdl etc.)
- Exposure to building and monitoring cloud-based services.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing).
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient in SaaS oriented architecture and integrations.
- Proficient in SaaS monitoring and alerting on a grand scale.
- Understanding of containers and container orchestration.
- Experience crafting software with continuous integration and delivery.
- Expertise with running web services at scale.
- Experience with public clouds (AWS, GCP).
- Strong knowledge in concurrency and multithreading.
- Strong Experience with networking (WAN or LAN) and an understanding of network theory
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.