Descrizione del lavoro
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black’s success. Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, implement, support, and enhance a data platform that supports KPI reporting and analytics for Carbon Black Cloud, with a primary focus on AWS cloud costs, infrastructure utilization, and health.
- Build and maintain data pipelines to ingest and refresh AWS cost data and operational performance metrics from a variety of data sources.
- Create automated dashboards and reports, for consumers ranging from engineering managers to executives, showing Carbon Black Cloud cost performance and other key performance metrics.
- Enable self-service reporting and analytics while ensuring proper access controls are in place and enforced.
- Develop and implement tests to ensure data quality across all integrated data sources.
- Support the Production Engineering teams by participating in ad-hoc projects and providing data analysis as needed.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or other quantitative fields.
- Expert level programming experience with SQL; some experience with other languages such as Python, R, Spark, etc.
- 4+ years working with relational databases and some knowledge of non-relational databases.
- 2+ years working with AWS services (S3, Lambda, Redshift, Athena)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to all aspects of the position.
- Detail oriented with excellent documentation skills/methodologies, who can successfully manage multiple priorities.
Bonus Points For:
- Some knowledge of other AWS services (DynamoDB, Kinesis, EMR, Cloudformation, Step Functions
- Familiarity with AWS billing and reporting practices and cost analysis tools (i.e. Cost Explorer)
- Experience analyzing data for data quality and supporting the use of data in an enterprise setting.
- Some knowledge of Infrastructure As Code tooling such as Terraform
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join. All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.