HiJiffy is looking for a talented Senior Backend Developer to join our remote-friendly team. This specific role is open to remote candidates based in Portugal. With you on board, we’re looking to expand our team and take our projects to a whole new level.You will work in a very relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated and growing cross-functional product team. If you like to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, working the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opening you can't miss, come and join HiJiffy at the vanguard of Travel Industry Tech.Your key responsibilities:
- Unafraid to venture into uncharted territory and come away with mastery of it
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical aptitude with an intense desire to learn new skills and industry trends.
- Design overall architecture of the web application.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of our different applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Experience converting designs to visual elements.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Proficient with back-end programming languages such as PHP, Laravel.
- Ability to work with MySQL and MongoDB databases.
- Some experience with cloud computing services such as AWS and Google Cloud services
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as GIT.
- You’re a real team player. You love to help and find solutions together.
- Furthermore, you are passionate about software development
- You're able to think beyond code to architecture and user experience
Skills & Requirements -
- PHP, Laravel
- MongoDB, MySQL
- Microservice architecture
- Docker / Kubernetes / AWS Technologies
- Understanding of, and agreement with, Agile principles
- Knowledge and experience in Git and JIRA
- Knowledge and experience with NLP
- Experience working remotely and with remote teams
EducationEducation is compulsory, but where you got it is irrelevant for us! We are looking for someone who has worked in a similar role (or roles) for at least 5 years, and can show us examples of their work PERKS
Health insurance1000€/ year / person for perks (wellness, courses, WTH equipment etc.)REMOTE DETAILS
Working hours are flexible but typically from 9h until 18h
To apply for this job you must be willing to work in the time zones between UTC-2 and UTC+2.
SIGN UP TO APPLY