This position will be working on our Shipment Management team and will be handling tasks associated with our Track Shipments, Dashboards, Unit Train, and Subscription, Notifications and Reporting applications. This role in the Tech Department is part of the technical career path. The technical career path is for employees interested in an individual contributor role, who want to work with other team members to ensure a project's success. The main elements of the technical path include: 1) No direct reports, 2) Heavy technical skills, 3) Heavy teamwork, 4) Heavy client/customer contact, 5) Heavy daily planning and execution, 6) Creativity, and 7) Participation in interviewing process.
- Demonstrate subject-matter expertise in front end development by quickly developing highly usable applications.
- Collaborate with the Shipment Management team on projects requiring complex UI work, and ability to deliver working applications.
- Work with other team members to assist in meeting project goals through understanding applications and problem solving.
- Design and develop solutions for Shipment Management Applications with a focus on UI. This will involve front-end UI design and development.
- Work closely with CC&S product owners in an agile environment to incrementally release new applications to support company growth. Work as a part of a larger team to assist in meeting project goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Solid problem solving skills , troubleshooting skills and ability to react
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in this field
- 2+ years of work experience in front end technologies such as Angular development, as well as Java development, including J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Coherence, micro services
- Experience in building high availability mission-critical architecture
- Experience following Agile methodology
- Experience in testing, including experience with JUnit/TestNG/DbUnit,Test Driven Development, FitNesse testing
- Experience version control using Git or similar tools
- Knowledge of database/data engineering: Oracle and associated SQL tools, JDBC, Hibernate and Coherence
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Object Oriented development techniques
- 5 or more years of IT work experience
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee will spend extended hours in front of a computer screen
- 18 years of age or older
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Willing and able to support 24x7 operations on mission critical systems