Are you someone who loves developing products that keep the world safe from cyber-attacks? Do you get excited by the idea of securing systems from bad actors? Do you have C/C++ skills? Come work with us.
Our Carbon Black Sensor team is building an essential security defense against advanced persistent threats and malware through comprehensive measurement, detection, protection, and trust capabilities. If you love security and digging into complex engineering challenges, then we want you on our team!
This position is focused on Windows, familiarity with filter and file system drivers is valuable as is general experience with the Visual Studio, the WDK and Windbg. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will lead the development of major functional and component areas from inception through delivery.
You’ll be part of a small team of smart talented people like yourself. The team shares a sense of purpose and urgency, but in a fun, friendly and informal atmosphere typical of young innovative technology companies. All doors are always open. You’ll work on problems we haven’t figured out and enjoy the satisfaction of having an impact on our success.
What You’ll Do:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, develop, test, document and maintain complex software features from general specifications.
- Apply proven patterns, design principles and software engineering practices to develop quality software.
- Plan and take responsibility for multiple features through the complete software development lifecycle.
- Analyze, isolate and resolve problems in product software with little or no guidance.
- Respond to high-priority issues quickly and drive to resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Lead and contribute to reviews of software artifacts and give considered, high-quality feedback.
- Evaluate, select and adapt standard techniques, tools and procedures in the delivery of features.
- Independently collaborate with peers and with other functional organizations to achieve project goals.
- Plan and schedule work and tasks across multiple features, manage dependencies, change and risk.
- Lead projects and the delivery of multiple features to successful conclusion with a minimum of guidance.
- Provide technical supervision and mentoring of one or more engineers.
- Recommend new features, technologies, tools, process improvements.
- Deliver technical training and training materials for other functional organizations in the company.
What You’ll Bring:
- At least nine years of software engineering in a product development organization
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- At least five years recent experience building systems-level software (e.g. kernel modules, agents).
- Deep knowledge in at least two related product or technical areas such as file systems or distributed systems.
- A record of efficient, creative solutions to complex problems and successful incorporation in product delivery.
- Practical experience in C++ with applied knowledge of object oriented and generic programming.
- Fluent in approaches to security, concurrency, debugging, performance, scalability, supportability and quality.