The Engineering team at Carbon Black is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with server programming knowledge and strong troubleshooting skills to incorporate the Voice of the Customer (VoC) into our award-winning products. The ideal candidate will be energized by solving challenging problems, helping our team, company, and customers succeed with the tools we provide. If you’re dedicated to providing consistent customer satisfaction, this role is for you!Our Engineering Team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. Software Engineers specifically dedicated to the Voice of the Customer (VoC) work as part of an agile team to quickly diagnose and resolve issues impacting our customers. Within this fast-paced, collaborative organization, you'll work to ensure customer success and satisfaction by contributing to products that protect customers' dearest assets.As a VoC Engineer, you’ll solve complex software problems by reviewing large bodies of code, quickly assessing intricate environments, and designing solutions on the fly that incorporate data compiled from customers’ expectations, preferences, and aversions. By leveraging data about customers’ wants and needs, we can more effectively prioritize activities that improve overall customer satisfaction.
What You’ll Do
- Troubleshoot and perform a root cause analysis of customer reported product issues (including: examining product logs, system logs, software traces, core dumps, memory dumps, and other system debug information)
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal stakeholders as well as customers to drive resolution of technical issues
- Be proactive, self-motivated and attentive to detail when solving highly complex level of escalated problems
- Work well under pressure in a highly kinetic environment
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development
- Solid experience developing or supporting an enterprise class application, addressing product issues and driving corrective actions
- Fluency in: Java; Restful API; JMS, SMQP, SQS; Python; Nodejs; Postgres
- Technology / Tools / Methodologies: AWS & ElasticSearch; Git; Agile Methodologies; CI/CD; Docker
- Operating Systems: Linux; Windows
- Strong verbal communication skills. You are a highly engaged developer in an agile environment where constant communication and continuous improvements are part of daily life.
- Ability to implement resilient code that will handle error conditions gracefully
- Understanding of container deployment technologies and how to best utilize cloud platform offerings on AWS