We’re looking for a Python Developer who will join a team of developers building and extending internal tooling, including both web applications and APIs, for the Carbon Black Predictive Security Cloud. The Predictive Security Cloud is a big data environment that aggregates data from across millions of customer endpoints and provides that data as input to ML, expert systems analytics and streaming prevention, as well as user analysis by threat researchers and intel analysts. These capabilities in turn power all Carbon Black products.
What You’ll Do
- Build web applications and RESTful APIs with Python 3 using Flask and Tornado.
- Bring a strong sense of empathy for the users of the applications you create and maintain.
- Read, review, and give feedback on other team members' code in a positive and constructive manner.
- Receive feedback in the same positive and constructive manner.
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Python 3 and awareness of best practices and patterns for Python as it relates to readability, maintainability, and performance.
- Knowledge of Python 3 asyncio is strongly preferred.
- Full stack experience including server side technologies (Docker, Linux), persistence technologies (relational databases, key/value stores, graph databases, etc.), and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with using Git on the command line.